Zerodha Margins

Why different platforms of the zerodha - kite, q and margin calculators - always show very different amounts as margin blocked? Always!
Currently my kite showing 2,19,065, q showing ₹2,16,238.30 and margin calculator calculates Rs: 2,24,448!!!
@nithin why is this discrepancy?

Margin calculator and kite may show slight different values as margin calculator won’t take exact LTP in to consideration, also on kite we update 3 different intra day margin files during the day as NSE gives 6 different margin files for one day, if you can write to me I can let you know the difference between Q and kite.

Like @siva mentioned, exchange gives out margin file 5 times in a day. So What is shown by Kite is what is blocked on the last margin file imported during the day (around 2.30 pm). The next file is imported next day morning, so Kite will start showing a different margin blocked when market opens tomorrow.

Q shows based on end of day margin (post closing hours). Also Q just imports whatever exchange blocks. So Kite and Q won’t be matching exactly (Q margins update only once a day).

Margin calculator calculations are based on previous day margin files. So there be can some variation. Margin calculator can’t currently import the 5 update margin files by exchange. Everything on that is based on previous day closing.

Hope this helps clarify.

Cheers,

2 Likes