Zerodha P & L report

#Zerodha Zerodha P & L report shows only those stocks which are sold on particular day but it do not take in to account only purchases made on particular day.
This leads to mismatch in consolidated charges shown on the top of the P&L report and bifurcation of charges shown in report.
Ideally this report should also show stocks which are purchased on that day with LOSS AMOUNT displayed on screens.
Please let me know if I am correct or missing something. (@nithin @ShubhS9)

1 Like

On Console P&L page you have option to view Realised P&L (shows P&L for closed positions), Un-Realised P&L (shows P&L for open positions) or Combined (shows P&L for both closed and open positions).

P & L report shows only those trades where I sold stocks.
It do not show stocks which I purchased on same day.
But consolidated charges on P & L statement consider all stocks which are sold as well as purchased on that day.

The P&L shows the overall charges paid during the selected period. You can select the combined P&L to see the stocks in your holding including the ones purchased on the same day. The P&L breakdown will show you the date of purchase and sale (if you’ve sold the holding already). To check the breakdown, you can click on the “options” button and select the breakdown option as shown below.

I guess I did not posted my concern properly.
Problem lies in the fact that P & L report only show those stocks which are sold but do not mention about stocks purchased.Please refer attached screenshot.In this screenshot only 3 stocks which I sold are mentioned but stocks which are purchased are not mentioned.But there charges are considered in consolidated charges breakdown

This is because you have selected the realised P&L view. This will show the trades which you have taken and exited only. The fresh purchases wouldn’t show up in this view because it isn’t sold yet and the profit on it isn’t realised. You will have to select the unrealised P&L or the combined P&L to see the holdings which you’ve bought as well.

The P&L shows the total charges generated during the selected period irrespective of the type of type of P&L you are viewing. We’ll be introducing the trade wise charges soon which will show the charges at each trade’s level. This should help you track the P&L better.

@nithin @Nakul Thanks a lot Nakul for taking time in answering my concerns…But plz consider following seggestions,
(1) When user selects ‘Realised P & L’ , everything displayed on screen is expected tobe related with realised trades…Consolidated charges are considering all trades on that day but bottom panel shows only realised trades and hence confusion…
(2)When I seen P & L report for that specific day, I was shocked to see that 50% of my profits went away in charges and this is because of mismatch in info displayed in summary and bottom pannel.
(3)Currently tradewise charges column is empty in bottom pannel. But when you will fill that column , again there will be mismatch (When user selects 'Realised P & L option) in sum of tradewise charges in bottom table and charges in summary.
(4)‘Combined P & L’ report shows all trades in bottom pannel and hence total charges for that day in consolidated charges pannel which makes sense but for ‘realised P & L’ report, user wants to see only realised trades in bottom panel and related summary in consolidated charges panel.
(4)A newbie who started referring P & L report recently is likely to get confused as I did.I raised couple of tickets and this lead to waste of my time in raising tickets and waste of zerodha personnal time in answering my queries :slight_smile:

Yup, your suggestions make sense. We are working on a new version of Console which will be launched soon with a lot of UI/UX developments and some exciting new features for analytics. We’re also cleaning up all the reports for this. We’ll make the necessary changes in the next version.

2 Likes

Thanks Nakul !!!