Zerodha Pi and Kite

Zerodha Pi and Kite both get highly unstable & throw weird errors like what happened today. I would request Zerodha to bring in seriousness & address this. Pls don’t delete this post with standard response asking to write to support. Your support has several messages/calls from lot of customers as i hear.

You have a good system but scalability is a prime concern.

7 Likes

They (zerodha) delete such type of complaints on this portal. I have also posted many times but they blocked it very fast without any reply. This is very common problem of unstability and they are not taking it seriously for long time. I dont know what they have in their mind or their strategy to solve this problem but its serious and every zerodha client would have faced this issue several times while trading zerodha platforms whether it is pi or kite.

but thanks for posting this valuable post…

3 Likes

Thanks Yadavji. This concern is also addressed to Nithin but looks like they are clueless for several months & their IT team has no solution.

Anybody who is using better discount broker/system than zerodha like RKSV or SAS Online or any other? I hear that customers are already moving out of zerodha due to these serious issues.

SAS or RKSV are good but trading platform is concern as they have NSE now for trading and web trading is not upto mark.

ok. I see that Trade Tiger is quite good though sharekhan brokerage is higher. Some comments in this article -http://insiderview.comparebrokerages.in/best-trading-platform-in-india-sharekhan-trade-tiger-or-zerodha-pi/

Fyers one is another good option in discount broker’s space. but little bit costlier

SAS online looks good based on this comparison -

1 Like

I earlier had trading account with geojit, Karvy and Ventura. Almost all of them had a good trading software and backend. I moved to zerodha for brokerage. Though kite is simple and fast, I feel it lacks stability. The same thing in pi. When number of customers are rising, zerodha should focus on stability and improvements rather than attracting new çustomers. Heard that new version of kite is being developed by zerodha. Waiting for it.

i am also waiting for new version of kite…last hope???

1 Like

Nithin, if you are looking at these posts pls do let us know when you are coming up with a stable working platform. I had also called your helpdesk yesterday with this complaint as after 2.30pm your system was not taking any orders in both kite & pi. During high volatility your system completely shuts down. This is really bad & has been happening for several months.
I hope you would respond…

1 Like

I had addressed these things last year as well but your guys just conveniently delete these posts. I would appreciate if Zerodha takes things in a constructive manner as that can only help grow your company as well as this community.

Disaster management and business continuity is yet to be taken up by Zerodha.

Hope Zerodha don’t do Nokia who wanted to focus on in house operating system and finally vanished.

In today’s disruptive technology businesses should be one step ahead of others else they will vanish like Nokia and Blackberry.

No one is exception.

Q is not working since 30 Dec 2016. unable to calculate TDS. today is last day for payment of TDS else need to pay fine of Rs. 200 per Day.

1 Like

Few simple usability issue -

1. No global search. I have to look one by one in 5X20 list to check for 1 stock. Really how is it helpful?
  2. If you search there’s no chart option? why I need to add stock if i need to do a quick check.
  3. Regular mismatch in data in Holding list, a lot of time Price and Quantity shows NA, you can check support ticket, no proper solution .All I here is log out, clear cache, re-install. No mindset of solving the problem.
  4. Chart a lot of time won’t render at all, on couple of try it will but they have no idea whats the problem.
  5. they have views in chart (template for chart view) On mobile app its very difficult to see this some time it appear some time it won’t.
  6. In Kite Web (desktop) they use to remove popular option in holding page ie Chart, Why I can’t see chart from there which is already available in Mobile app and Mobile browser holding page?
  7. Q a total mess, hearing Crux is coming from last 2 months ?
    The only advantage and tag line you have is Zero brokerage, But People will get feed up and leave . Don’t waste a good initiative.
1 Like

You have written very well and a bitter truth about zerodha. But they are dumb and deaf for long time no reaction from them. Now they are really making zerodha a dustbin that is full of complaints but no one ready empty that…only one thing is Brokerage is zero,

1. can we trade using zerodha platform?
    Zerodha: no, but brokerage zero
  2. can we use the trading platform for TA?
    Zerodha: no, but brokerage zero

-------------ONLY BROKERAGE IS ZERO-------------------> BUT NOW EVERYTHING IS ZERO--------

1 Like

I’m happy to see that zerodha has not deleted all these messages so that means that they are watching & possibly we may get some solution one fine day. Earlier Nithin used to actively respond but i guess he is fed up with complaints.

The post was deleted once but after some hard words make them to visible this again…

Last few weeks with Q has been a disaster, we are working hard to move the entire platform in-house from vendor. This transition is what is causing the issues. We have moved a major bit in house already, so the worst on this is over. Most reports should start working now, and in the next few weeks once the complete backend is owned by us, we have a great front end design/feature set waiting to be launched.

2 Likes

Great to see your response Nithin ! Thanks. Pls do address all these concerns raised by several people.

2 Likes