Zerodha Pi and Kite

Q is working only for current financial Year. Not for last year which is need if the hour [quote=“nithin, post:19, topic:12221, full:true”]

Last few weeks with Q has been a disaster, we are working hard to move the entire platform in-house from vendor. This transition is what is causing the issues. We have moved a major bit in house already, so the worst on this is over. Most reports should start working now, and in the next few weeks once the complete backend is owned by us, we have a great front end design/feature set waiting to be launched.
[/quote]

Thats good to see you responding. I wonder why no public message from you before complain? These matters change company’s perception and seriousness towards customer friendly product and shows alot that we are not mere money minting goats.
Learn from other companies who own their mistake and try to address them before it being caught, where as zerodha approach clearly shows shying away from responsibility, specifically the management. Whenever i reported any issue, I only here it will be management who decidedh clearly never happened.
Now weather you are improving it or not how we will know? There’s no status page/health report of app, no features list, no clear insight on whats happening. Why so much secrecy? Google maintain all these so does facebook, freshdeak, zoho.
Once your reputation become as a cheap brokerage house with unfriendly management and buggy app,no one will join you. And to be frank you are heading towards this goal only. If you care evwn a bit just do a Google search and you will know what I mean.
Thanks.

1 Like

I’m surprised my post is active & everyone is sharing their pain !!. Nithin…lot of people including me have made losses due to your system failure when pi/kite doesn’t even allow to sell/buy at market order. This is disastrous. In US / other countries companies like zerodha would get permanently banned.

Is zerodha closing down ? pls provide a hint so that we can withdraw money from ledger & sell our positions. I’m getting scared as for so long you are not able to handle your systems.

First cool yourself.

Which product you are not able sell at Market Order ?

This happens regularly when volatility is high like on thurs after 2.30 pm i was trying to sell banknifty PUT option but it kept throwing errors in pi as well as kite. this happens regularly on volume spike i guess. zerodha is aware of this but their systems are not able to scale.

Zerodha as a Brokerage Firm is The BEST in India.
Zerodha has contributed more to Financial Sector in INDIA than the rest of all the brokers combined in the history of India.

There is only ONE answer to 2 questions that come up to me:

1. A beginner comes up to you with this question, which is the easiest and hassle free broker to start trading: The answer is Zerodha.
  2. Which is the least riskiest brokerage in India to park their huge investments: The answer is Zerodha.

ZERODHA Varsity is the best in the WORLD for free resource on Stock Market Learning.

The problem is if something comes free or cheap, people give no value and start complaining and demand for more.

Let us take a moment to look at JUST the Positives.

2 Likes

There is no doubt about what zerodha has done & are doing in India. The issue is about things which are not working & they need to fix.
portfolioplus911 whoever it is…pls don’t pass motherhood statements without reading the issues faced by thousands of customers.

1 Like

@nithin can you please tell us what’s happening? Is there any plan to rectify and if yes what date ? If no then I will seriously think about leaving zerodha . Its enough with bugs and daily problem.
Thanks

Rectify what? There haven’t been any issues in the recent past. Can you send me an email to [email protected] with your client ID.

@nithin “rectify what?” perhaps you need a reading. I have listed out 8 points that are either a usability issue or daily annoyance. Just scroll a bit up and tell me if they don’t need any work.
The problem exist in kite and q both , for how long you will shy away? I have sent mails to you and your support got call as well but they have no idea if these will be taken care.
When ever there’s problem going on i have to ask you guys and you all pretend its just me and not your problem. I report only after verify with my friends who too use kite and q, so obviously its not me.
The problem is in attitude to accept and give upfront update. Learn from zoho.com how they accept and do customer care.
If you are not interested in any of it, its alright just say so you are owner. I’ll find my peace either by accepting or quiting zerodha.
Btw thank you for taking time to reply.

1 Like

replied well… good as a owner of zerodha but not as a trader…

1 Like

Hopefully you will understand how disorienting it is to interact with pseudo names like rainbow tarzan etc. It is best to have such interactions on a supporting system with a ticket to it. So there is a trail to every conversation. This definitely is not the right forum for this. So would suggest you to send such feedback directly to [email protected] and let me know the ticket number.

About Q/crux, it is on its way. We have made a bunch of fixes, the current Q is working fine now(it can be much better). If you are still facing any issues with this, do email me, I will get someone to look at this.

About Kite charts etc you have pointed out, they are essentially feature requests. They are already on our list of things to do.

Kite charts not rendering in the first two tries, I will get our team to try reproduce it. I actively use Kite, hasn’t happened to me yet.

1 Like

Really those are feature request (errors reported by different people) which have been made in this forum… I knew it now… Good to see the reply all the way…

1 Like

Didn’t like it at all, making jokes like approach to call your customers is not the way forward specially by CEO or any top management. Have you ever seen your product? I have updated my name but your tool is still taking my username as Name filed is not my problem that’s the way you have designed it
Have a look.

Do you think I have not done that? I have created number of tickets and addressed to you as well which you never reply btw Not even expecting from you to reply it, but your support just been as usual, standard reply, forward to team, management will address.

Hearing it from 2 months now. for problem there’s daily 1 or 2 scripts out of sync. Report section there’s no data showing for P/L, p/l tax.

Its in your to-do list not publicly visible How will I know if you are addressing it? be open publish your road map. I know its too much but I had a High regard for Zerodha, Take a cue from any Cloud application company they all have a road map, Zoho, Google, Zendex, Mailchimp they all have. there’s no big deal in it. But ofcouse you can keep however you wish.

So How being your client one come to know about this? Keep yourself at other end and tell me?

All those sort comings are suggested to Improve but it is clear that you or your team didn’t like it being discussed or reported. I have discussed to one of your agent on call in late december2016 then in feb2017 but he has no clue if its going to be taken.

I rest my case here Don’t want to report anymore or reply here. Have your Kite and Q, let it be in whatever mode it is . I make my peace by accepting it for now and quitting in after some time.

You can email me your client ID or any ticket # to [email protected]. I will get the issues that you are pointing to checked. I will check out if we can publish a road map which doesn’t give our competitors a heads up on what is coming new at Zerodha.

1 Like

@nithin Please note few people facing issues with charting in pi. I did send an email to support with screen shots and they said to reconcile the chart which din’t solve anything and its quite often this problem is arising along with the software not responding. it seems there maybe some stability problem with pi. My humble request to check on these problems because pi is the most user friendly i feel except for these hiccups.

Pi has hiccups. Agreed. But Compared to most trading terminals given by full service brokers it is the best.

Many are using separate charting software and paying for data.

Pi is all in one with excellent features at the cost of discount brokerage. No one can deny that

But for me Pi is like student project. It should have designed a little bit better.

As a programmer I can understand that Common Application level error handling is not implemented.

If internet is not active it should time out and exit inform user. These things can be done easily, but don’t know why it was not done so far.

1 Like

There are typical errors which keeps coming in kite as stated by many people from last year. several tickets raised/calls made to support & i still wonder how come a company is ignoring them & denying that there is any problem. Q has been always bad & we are waiting for new version for ages.
I think it’s high time we move out of this mess before it gets worse.

1 Like

i really feel sorry for Nithin as he must be sitting with thousands of complaints & must be completely confused on how/what to prioritize. We may have to have some patience & give them some time i guess…

I have also stopped logging support request due to no resolution offered. The portfolio screen in Kite is a mess. Every time, I do buy action, whole view goes for a toss. Incorrect average price/qty, not honoring the filters to name few. I have to wait till T2 day for it to be usable again. Reported multiple time but no resolution.

Finally decided to built my own UI based on free API available from Quandl. (Kite Connect is very costly for personal use)

When I moved from ICICI Direct, I had very high regards for Zerodha being a pioneer fintech company and all the high positive feedback(s) from friends/co-worker.

The initial impression was beyond excellent but then these issues started occurring.

When I realize that there is no hope of getting any resolution in near future, I rested my case.

• Naveen