Zerodha PI - Userfriendliness and response

Hi, I have been using Pi for more than a month. Here is my feedback.

1. Option traders will love to populate the Options workspace from securities selected from the Options Chain with provision for filtering OTM, ATM, ITM and expiry dates

2. Provision for making Options strategy orders and to track them (appreciate graphical view as well)

3. Probability of option expiring ITM, this information can be part of Option Chain

4. I have seen a lot of positive feedback about PI and that is one of the reasons I chose Zerodha.
    However, my experience is that the software is not designed/ made keeping the user in mind. True, it has a large number of technical indicators to choose from but on other counts, it is far far away from acceptable standards

I have many points, just jotting down a few pertaining to the Charting

My experience and use scenario

1. Nify Pivots: I have nifty 2 Min, 5 Min and 15 Min charts open.
    a. Before the market is open for the day, the new day’s Pivot are not marked on the chart. It helps to know where the martket is opening with respect to the pivots. All that is needed to mark the pivots is the HLC values of the last day which is available.

The typical possible response of Pi…

• Do NOTHING or
  • Show the previous day’s pivots

b. After the market opens
The typical possible response of Pi…

• Show the Pivots, but the chart gets resized to such an extent, the user has to resize / zoom and zoom in and zoom out is truely a frustrating experience

• Show the previous day’s pivot (Yes, while 2 min chart gets today’s pivot, 15 min chart may show the previous day’s pivots!)

• Do NOTHING

1. Zoom in and Out of chart is truly frustrating and painful. The experience is the same even when the market is closed. (I use a Lenovo with i5 6th gen processor and 8GB RAM, other applications open - Chrome and Excel)

2. Horizontal lines on the chart are not anchored to the value … the chart moves, and the line I marked is now somewhere else showing some other value !

3. Vertical Lines … are shown on the main chart area, but not shown on the technical indicators below, frustrating… the horizotal axis and the scale are the same for all

5.Save a chart, the chart is saved minus the markers you put on the chart … (Then why did I take all the pain of marking the chart?)

… many more

Hope Zerodha will do the needful.

thanks
Sreekumar

Thank you for the feedback. We’ve passed this on to the concerned people. Closing this since it is not a question.