Zerodha + Rainmatter, what is it all about?

For Coin APIs, would the individual have to be a RIA or would that somehow be subsumed under Coin’s license?

Like Broker - Sub Broker type set-up

If you are advising, you would need a RIA separately. If it is just an execution platform, then not required.

1 Like

Hi @nithin,
It is almost a year since you wrote this post. Now we have so many Apps connected to Zerodha APIs. It is hard to find them all under the same window. The Apps section after login to Zerodha kite should list all the potential Apps available in addition to the ones already connected by the user. Also, it should be possible to launch the available apps to explore and connect them (similar to the link provided for Coin in the initial stages of Coin).
Hope you consider this update for the benefit of all…
Regards,
Balaji

Yep, we are planning something like an app store on your mobile.

1 Like

Hi Nithin,
a)There are many VC’s around who post eligibilty criteria for a fintech startup, Do you have any eligibility criteria?
b)Does Rainmatter come back with reply for every application? 'Cause I have applied twice (Today being the latest) and
c)Do we need to have some referrals to get incubated by Rainmatter?Sorry for asking so many questions, just a bit passionate:)

1 Like

Someone should definitely get back to you no matter what. Can you email me what you have forwarded to [email protected].

We are looking at backing ideas which will help grow the capital market ecosystem. We might not be able to back by investing if there is a startup that we have invested in which is already doing something very similar. Nah, you don’t need referrals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply and yeah I’ve forwarded it to your mail.

By any chance is there a backtesting solution you are developing at rainmatter?

You checked streak?

1 Like

Hi Team,

I am an app developer I want developers API for NSE(National Stock Exchange ) BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) for My App. If is Possible so can you provide me with the details about it as same? I waiting for your concern so can you resolve my issue

You can drop a mail to [email protected], you can add more details like what you are trying to do and what you want from us, be specific.

Right now i’m an institutional retail trader and trading daily in my zerodha kite account.
I want to make my own ALGO TRADING PLATFORM using your KITE CONNECT API.
Soo after making the platform fully would it will under zerodha or i will have the full access and ownership of that platform - it’s the biggest doubt in my mind right now.
And moreover the funds deposit and withdrawal limit will be also in under my control or the the same as it is in ZERODHA KITE app limit’s.

Platform will be yours only, only thing is you should use that platform for yourself, should not distribute.

That will remain the current way, no changes to that. It is up to the user only right to withdraw or deposit.

So right now the max. deposit and withdrawal limit in a zerodha kite account is 5cr.
Can i modify this amount limit to my own limits.
And moreover will i have to use the same payment gateway as zerodha is giving or i can build of my own my payment gateway independent to zerodha in my algo trading platform.

Hi team,

We are a team and developing an app using kite api for mass retail users.
Right now at very initial stage. I am quite serious and hopeful about it. I had dropped email to [email protected] also, but its been 4 days I have not got any response.
Please help me…

1. Will it require any approval from exchange even if it is not algo based?
  2. I see the current rate limit for usage of mostly api endpoints is 10 r/s. How can it be increased?
  3. Do I need approval of zerodha for making the app available for mass retail traders? If yes, How to get approval?
  4. Is there any other way to talk to rainmatter team or relevant team for discussion about this.

I would be glad if @nithin @siva please reply … its urgent please.
Thanks you

You should get reply today.

1 Like

We have responded to your queries.

Yes. got reply. thanks a lot @lindo @siva . As asked in response, I have shared more detail about our product and would love to know your take and further process in terms of API usage and approval to move forward towards building it.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have been great admirer of you for bringing change in stock broking industry. Gone or the days when brokers use to charge .50% flat on any value of transaction. Once again Thanks a lot. Was going through the API charges came to know that it is charged 2k every month. For a retailer like me who is just trying to learn something new the charges seems very high , i am aware that there are cost involved in developing such integrations but definitely this type of charges will keep retailers out of the bay for some time for sure.