Zerodha's Future Plans?

sure

This would be useful. When will this be available?

CC: @nithin

1 Like

The issue is that exchanges end up re-using the unique identifier that they have for option contracts once they are expired. So this involves us having to build this ourselves, not a simple project especially since market data is what gets used the most and any changes are tough to make.

@Arockiya_Raja can we speak to the tech team and figure out if they have found any easier way to implement this?

sure, noted.

1 Like

With the use of the platform, Zerodha hopes to attract 5-10 million new investors to the Indian stock market. “To drive the country, India is heavily reliant on foreign finance.” Residents must invest their money in the market for any country to prosper.

1 Like

Institutional Broking for HNWI to buy or sell large stake in particular company.

@nithin any plans of making the brokerages more competitive. Say fixed monthly brokerage for high count traders, or any other further discounting. Also some brokers have even started 0 brokerage model these days.

1 Like

We don’t plan to set up a team for this. But of course, you can use your Zerodha demat account for this.

@whity not really. I personally think that brokerages in the industry if anything will go up in time. The working capital requirements to be a broker has gone up significantly and will go up further from April 1st.

Thank you, @nithin.

Do you see merit in providing back-office APIs like:

• get_events(tradingsymbols = None, days = None)
    For the specified symbols, retrieve upcoming corporate events in the next N days. Defaults parameter values maybe, say, all derivative underlying and 7 days. (get_corporate_actions() sounds better)

• get_pnl_statement(tradingsymbols = None, from_date = None, to_date = None)
    Retrieve Profit & Loss statement for the specified symbols and date range. Default parameter values could be the same as in the Console: your holdings and the last one day.

• get_tax_pnl_statement(financial_year = None, from_qtr = None, to_qtr = None)
    Retrieve Tax Profit & Loss statement for the specified symbols and quarter range. Default parameter values could be the same as in the Console: current FY and the last quarter.

Thank you,
Vijay Zanvar

@Nakul can you check and respond?

Edit: Just spoke to the team, we will do this. Nakul will update here when we are ready.

2 Likes

does zerodha have any plans of adding a Option chain on kite trading terminal itself? if this comes it will be helpful for traders to check the prices at respective strike prices. if this feature comes the zerodha will gain 2-5% market share even more we won’t be surprised (my opinion).

3 Likes

@nithin we need option chain in kite , make kite is better for option traders , one click execution in kite Realtime OI in kite its my dream to see in kite , its possible sir

3 Likes

@nithin
“Future plan is to continue doing what can help our customers do better with their money”

Need for DEMO, realistic DEMO with T+2 settlement fines ,realistic demo account

The biggest improvement that needs to be made is just making demo trade as realistically as possible and should be available free. This is majorly missing. You should make this as top priority. The paper trade offered by sensibull is paid one but not realistic(does not account for ask/bid, no stoploss, limit order or co) , also MCX crude oil, gold, silver and some stocks are not available. It doesn’t have account balance too. Realistic in the sense when placing trade via kite console buy/ sell order just like in real time along with stop loss. In fact zerodha can take the existing kite platform add an option called “demo” and have fake margin, account just for demo purpose.

IQ option is a great example for this.

This is important because to be profitable and consistent real trades should follow exactly like demo.
T+1 or 2 settlement should also be real including fines, margin call etc. This can clear so much things and also helps broker side as well.

Need for take profit option

I am aware that there is GTT, basket order however that is not available for MCX market segment. Secondly CO and these type of orders enforce strict rules and cannot modify the quantity due to leverage. The problem I faced was I usually exit take the half of my position after some point and modify the stop loss to a point where I bought and the let the rest ride the trend till my exit indicator shows up but I was forced to square away entire position and I missed on nice trends. Frankly I don’t need leverage. (I didnt figure out how to place stoploss order properly and mistook that also requires margin, kinda doubt many ppl had)

Improvement in this area is provide Take profit option for whatever stocks options or whatever instruments available. Currently people do it another way of using pending limit order(had to see youtube). I don’t think that’s a nice idea. And that is terribly confusing for anyone looking at orders tab.

Once we have tested trading plan , stop loss and take profit , we need to let our system do our work. You can have an app that sends message or rings when stop loss or take profit hits. This takes away lot of anxiety sitting infront of screen. Few of us trade longer time frames.

An app for informing Candle Close
Most of us trade systems or strategies in place. We trade the 30 mins or 1 hour or 2 hour time frame, we only need to see charts at 2 or 3 mins before candle close. It might be better if there is any app that will give us alarm based on timeframe during market hours during candle close for us to check and see if there is any opportunity or look at existing trade(sometimes an exit indicator can get us out of bad trades before stoploss hit) .

Charting needs to be imporved a lot

Trading view saving indicators strategy and more options

when I create strategies I can only save via the default button in kite. It might be helpful if I get to save them in a list. The problem is after contracts expire those strategies or indicators I drew are all gone along with it even candle settings are gone and its an hassle doing it again. I usually expect whatever time I open kite, I should be able to immediately see everything that has been and help me take trades.
The chart IQ UX is quite rigid and little bad. It doesn’t offer more options like hiding some lines of a indicator nd all. I use trading view

Secondly trading view offers many indicators created by various programmer, testers strategies. For this someone has to buy the original trading view membership which is a cost many would avoid.

in future would zerodha offer mt4(meta trader 4) ? There are tons of new nice tested indicators available in mt4. And a big community in discord.

3 Likes

As I have mentioned earlier, we will not be using any vendor platforms. The risk for us, especially in the way the underlying infra works in the Indian capital markets, is too high.

But that said, some of the other things you have mentioned are on our list of things.

@Arockiya_Raja

@nithin i think the kite is working much better from past and it is good and one of the best app. You don’t worry about new platform just make it more sleeky and compact with useful options if anything is needed.
Brother i have one issue is that historical data on commodity is available in chart iq but it is not available in trading view also if historical data can be available for currency pairs futures then i’ll be more than happy. Please do something for me . This is most important as i have seen in angel broking mobile app they show historical data both in commodity and currency.
But they are not Zerodha so i want this in kite too. So i can trade easily. Please nithin do something.
One more thing nithin the untick of 78.2 % fibbonacci retracement which gets unselected in chart iq and i have to reset each and every time i do some charting. So if i can have everything in trading view then it will be like less headache as market is already a lot to take .
By the way thanks for your daily replies in trading Q&A people don’t understand but this is very Good thing as no one helps their traders like Zerodha does.

Ah, this is maybe a miss. @Arockiya_Raja can you check on this and respond here?

Could you explain this further?

@nithin Can you please update the status of trading in US stock. Should we start looking elsewhere?

@nithin, hopefully things are moving forward for this as well…