Zerodha's Future Plans?

Ok. so its more from liability perspective and auto trading feature than whether its a programmable algo platform or a non-programmable algo platform. Because even tradetron is mostly a non-programmable algo platform though it has an option for programming as well and it has configurable capability to just provide an alert to the user so that he takes the action instead of taking a completely automatic trade.

Also, not sure who is liable if things go kaput when using streak- traderocket plugin-zerodha :wink: I would assume atleast in case of tradetron-zerodha, its the customer first then tradetron and then the broker.

But its clear that intention of this barrier is to have only “Expert” algo traders which is unfortunate for the amateur algo traders. This is sounding more and more like the exact approach which SEBI is taking w.r.t algo trading though in case of SEBI its far worse!. Atleast you provide a bridge to cross if we pay 2k ;-). I can just hope that better sense prevails and both SEBI and Zerodha take up a more efficient way of handling this situation. Hoping for the best. Thanks for taking some time out to respond. I really appreciate it. Another thing which is positive abt zerodha, you are very approachable.

same arguments as what you have presented - https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/stocks/news/zerodha-raises-concerns :wink:

1 Like

I believe Zerodha can make the “high & low” of candle chart more accurate by applying some simple tricks.

1.) The high & low is 100% accurate in “quote()”, but not in chart. So whenever a stock makes a new high/low in “quote”, Zerodha can update the chart to reflect that. If Reliance makes a new high of 2547.45 at 10:22 AM according to “quote”. Candle of 10:22 AM can update it’s high, if it fails to capture that tick.

2.) Zerodha can read order data of its customers to get better idea of that minute’s high & low. For example, many times chart shows a high of 101.2 at 11:14 AM but my Stop loss order gets executed at 101.3 at 11:14 AM. So Zerodha can read my order data and update the chart.

An accurate chart is beneficial for algo traders plus manual traders also. Sometimes, my stop loss order gets executed 2% above the trigger price, but the chart dont reflect that. If the chart was to reflect that, people would get a better idea about the volatility of that stock due to less liqudity.

I think stock brokers get 1 sec snapshot data from exchange. In this era of ns resolution ticks every tick may not reflect in that 1 sec snapshot. So charts don’t reflect these unless corrected after IEOD data is released by exchange after market.

bhai is there any progress in above given issues
please tell me
today i was checking fibonacci projection in chart iq and it was not there. What is going on bhai please make it useful to do some technical analysis.
TV is very problematic too each time i open its chart it shows default settings . too much data on mobile screen the i have to reset it ohlc, indicators data all remains visible each time please provide a saving option. Technical analysis is mind taking work and if i have other issues to tackel it make me depressed. please make it easy to do some charting.
Even i am happy with charting but atleast i need fibonacci projection there.

We use TV only for the charting component and they currently don’t have the ability to have layouts being saved like templates that open by default when a chart is initiated. We are speaking to them on this and will update here when they have a fix.

Fib projection is available on the chartiq. Did you check on the mobile? Charting library upgrade is required for the mobile version. We have already started working on this, this will be available on the app soon.

i was doing this on mobile

@nithin any update on this?

1 Like

Nothing yet. Caught up in another really large project and a bunch of regulatory changes that needs to be done on the platform.

2 Likes

Taking the logic forward to the insurance business analogy , the effort required to issue an insurance is the same irrespective of the cover, and hence maybe we should have flat premium plans…
Just felt some of the answers here on the thread are based on what’s more convenient rather than what’s logical…

But the effort required to service an insurance claim depends heavily on the cover.

So no, what you said is not at all like what @nithin said!

If that’s true (which I know is, trust me), then on the insurance business analogy, I think a broker’s exposure will change proportionately with the no. of leveraged contracts. So Nithin’s these two arguments are kind of contradictory.
Maybe you’d agree to this if you go through the entire thread.

Yeah what Nithin said makes sense only for his business strategy. All other things are just for the cover.

Well, the whole world operates like that; and expecting higher standards from brokers of all people is like expecting kittens to fly :sweat_smile: For things like ethics, brokers are only just a tad bit better than drug dealers and a lil worse than thieves :stuck_out_tongue: (not)

2 Likes

I know essentially nothing about leveraged contracts, so I cannot properly understand what you said without going through a module (or four) of Zerodha Varsity. However, consider the following quasi-thought experiment:

• Suppose an insurer offered flat premium plans for, say life insurance. How long would it take before they folded? Answer: Not long; either they will run out of money paying out claims, or their premiums will be so uncompetitively priced that they won’t sell nearly enough policies to keep the lights on.

• Zerodha has grown to be the biggest broker in India in 10 years or so, and that too starting from scratch in a field previously dominated by full-service [1] brokers backed by the deep pockets and large client bases of the likes of HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank. And I don’t hear even a whiff of a suggestion that Zerodha is in any sort of financial trouble.

This indicates to me that what Nithin said is far closer to the truth than otherwise.

I fully understand that this is only a first-order approximation, and that a closer analysis may very well put the lie to this. However, in the absence of strong evidence to the contrary, I think I can safely go by this.

[1] Funny name to use for charging brokerage proportional to trade size, I think.

@nithin another broker offering 0 brokerage. https://www.mstock.com/

2 Likes

Even Kotak offers zero brokerage across all segments if you are below 30.

Kotak is bad . Down on more days compared to Zerodha. API still not mature.

1 Like

Have you used them in the past 6 months? Have you traded on their new website?

Zerodha is very stable, in contract to other brokers that i have tried ( Fyers, 5p), atleast in last 1 year of my trading with them. Much rather have this continue vs brokerage reduction which can lead to more congestion and perhaps lower infra investment. And all free brokers will probably eventually start charging again once they have market share. This will probably put pressure on smaller brokers, similar to how telecom worked out …

Is Kotak’s new website more stable?