Zerodha's High DP charges

If this is true, then it is very important to state this clearly while buying smallcase.

Few of the Smallcases have wide range of segments and invests in 10-20 stocks.
Having these fixed charges will significantly impact how much profit you make through SmallCase.

1 Like

Considering SMALLCASE is a long term investment platform, In my Opinion the DP charges are negligible.

That might be true, but in my opinion it is important to state this, currently Smallcase only talks about charges of 100+tax per smallcase, with this DP charges, when you have more than 8 stocks in your small case, you end up paying more then what you paid for the smallcase as charges which is significant and must be disclosed.

1 Like

YES. This DP charges could have been avoided if SMALLCASE launched their private Thematic etfā€™s

1 Like

But in zerodha brokerage claculator they not mention about dp charges

Weā€™ve explained here why it isnā€™t possible to show DP charges in the berokerage calculator.

ā€œZerodha brokerage calculator is designed on this wayā€ what kind of statement it is. I think It is not acceptable.Zerodha getting share in 13.5 dp charges.Then what stop zerodha to add in brokerage calculator.I believe Zerodha is good brokerage.And I just thought dp charges not included in brokerage calculator is not fairā€¦

Well, if you would have read what is written next then you would see

DP charges are charged only once a day irrespective of how many trades you do on the particular stock. Showing this on the brokerage calculator could mislead, because most people typically end up doing multiple smaller trades when executing a particular

2 Likes

@stalinbaskaran

Are you really not getting the point here? DP charges are not on per trade basis.
So, if you have 50 stocks and you sell them all on a given day you are charged DP only once for each.
So how can it be included on trade based brokerage calculator?? Anyways DP charges are not part of trade charges but DEMAT charges. AFAIK

So claim of Zero brokerage by Zerodha is bit misleading / over selling, the DP charges are hidden some where in the corner & click on link for more details. The DP charges are very high, given the profit that we get per scrip. It is better to switch over to competitors who charge low brokerage/DP charges & give good service.

Brokerage and DP charges are 2 separate things. The broker charges brokerage while DP charges are levied by the Depository. DP charges are clearly mentioned on the account opening application form as well as the charges list on our website unlike other brokers out there.

I Beg to differ here, I didnā€™t notice this at the time of opening account / I was lured by the word ā€œfreeā€ā€¦nothing is written about DP in Bold & Big lettersā€¦just a link is providedā€¦which generally no one reads & understand (like MF offer document)ā€¦so appreciate if you can negotiate with DP & reduce the charges than just passing to buck to DP. Otherwise there are tons of brokers in this countryā€¦investors will find a suitable oneā€¦

1 Like

Pardon me @skini76,
But you seem to be like 100s of other novice/newbie investors, traders who come in the market with intentions of donating tons of their money in charity. Keep it up.
You are like - you are newly married (inexperienced), you beget a child in 1-2 years (so again no experience of child rearing), your child grow and you go to school for admission. As this is your first time seeking admission to your child in school, you are again - inexperienced.
So you see this big school with hording
"Fees - 10000 only"ā€¦ You are like WOW, so cheap.
Here comes the 1st day of schoolā€¦
You are like, ā€œWhat??? :angry::angry::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I NEED TO BUY BOOKS, UNIFORM, SHOES etc. This is loot, this is outrageous.ā€

You donā€™t even know what the hell the charges are, and you are investing??? First learn broā€¦
And what are you accusing Broker of hiding - 10 rs ???
You will be charged those 10 rs even if you sell shares of 10 crores. Yes, just need to pay 13.5 per scrip dude.

4 Likes

Hey every broker charges DP charge. Zerodha is actually the lowest. I have another account with HDFC, check the DP Charges here.

HDFC charges me Rs 25 + GST or 0.04% whichever higher. So if I sell for 1lk of stocks, it is Rs 40. Otherwise minimum Rs 25.

https://www.hdfcbank.com/assets/pdf/tariff-Proposed-BSDA-classic-customer.pdf

Kotak charges minimum Rs 27 and 0.04% again.

2 Likes

All I have to say is - LOL :joy::joy::joy:

LoLā€¦

1 Like

Let us find out who is charging lowest brokerage + Dp ā€¦keep watching this space

1 Like

Finvasia
AFAIK

1 Like

Zero Brokerage, Zero a/c opening charges, Zero AMC, 9/-Rs per stock (zerodha 13.5) when soldā€¦NSE NOW platform is freeā€¦no hidden chargesā€¦Zerodha should check this & reduce DP charges

1 Like

Hi @skini76,

There are costs that can be reduced and those which cannot be. Just like when Jio was introduced everything seemed free, then started the charges. I wouldnā€™t put down Finvasia, but just asking you to check, Finvasia has received funding from some company and can use this to bring in new clients, but what would happen if they do not generate revenue after doing this? They start charging or go bust.

There was a time when Upstox was offering free account opening, in fact they were giving people Amazon gift coupons for opening accounts with them, this was around the time they got funding from a VC. After that they are back to charging for account opening, so the dynamics are bound to change. You can be an eternal optimist about Finvasia. I couldnā€™t live being positive about that.

Just my thoughts.
Lindo

5 Likes