Explanation of P&L report

Could someone clarify the below queries on the P&L report?

1. I believe the charges (such as STT) are included for all transactions, including shares I have bought but not sold. How can I get the charges only for shares which I have sold? (I guess I need to deduct the charges only for shares I’ve sold from capital gains when calculating taxes – atleast thats how it worked with my previous broker)

2. Total charges is an aggregated field. Can I see the breakup per transaction of charges?

3. I dont see Infosys buyback profits on the P&L report. Why arent the Infosys buyback profits (and charges?) included in the buyback report?

1. You have the option to add the purchase transactions costs to price of purchase. Also, you can deduct selling transactions costs from the price of sales. However, you can neither add STT to purchase costs nor deduct it from sale proceeds.
    In other words, if you have your profit for the year then simply deduct all charges except STT paid to the government which will give you your taxable income from trading.

You might want to check with your accountant.

1. Breakup of charges per transaction is emailed to you in your contract note.

2. Since this is an old Q, I’m hoping your query is already resolved.

Hope this helps for the coming year. Cheers.