How do I take benefit of margins offered by Zerodha for intraday equity trading?

Whenever I am trying to place intraday order considering margin amount. Order gets rejected saying margin exceeded and shows available margin as exactly equal to amount there in my account.
I just want to understand how to use this margin?for eg I have 10000 in my account and want to buy reliance which has 14x margin as per list given. But I am not able to put order even for 2x amount that i.e. 20000. Why is that?

Use zerodha margin calculator

Use MIS instead of CNC

Yeah select MIS and then go for BO,CO etc… CNC is used only for delivery and not for intraday

Using Mis and BO ONLY

Pending orders (even those that are sent to close existing positions) will also consume margin.
Were there any pending orders?

Nope. That was my only order.

Go to My Profile option and put the screenshot here what it shows for:

Segments
Products
Order Types

By not doing intra-day trading. In intra-day only nitin bhaiya, sebi and exchange make money.

3 Likes

hahaha… Yes nitin bhaiya makes money always:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Today I was also not able to get benefit of margin using MIS BO/CO order as I had more than enough cash… And target wasn’t that high… I don’t know what the prb is

I have faced that same situation many times… i complained to zerodha but they didn’t rectify that

Damn… See get your delivery trades settled and then don’t buy any delivery and then try trading using margin… Because I’m going to do the same now

If that restriction is gonna be there what’s the use trading in only either way?

I seriously don’t know man… I’m figuring it out with a knowledgeable person who is training me…tomorrow in the evening I’ll get proper answer. I’m also newbie so can’t surely tell you what the prb is… So i guess you’ll need to hold on for tomorrow… Also try to get some info from others. It’ll help us…

You can check margins for MIS on zerodha.com/margin-calculator/Equity/. However be extremely careful with intraday, and specially BO as your losses could be multiplied by upto 21x, while you barely figure out how did the stoploss got triggered so soon!!
Best to start intraday with a very small budget of around 5000 or less, test the waters and then invest big.

1 Like

Hey, got my query solved from the call center. It was my mistake I was not putting SL and Trigger prices correctly We need to put in actual margin that we expect and not the value.

Hope this helps to you.