Mutual Fund Switch not possible in zerodha but possible in Angel One!

I want the feature to switch mutual funds in zerodha Coin.

Zerodha says that it is not possible because zerodha keeps the mutual funds in demat account.

However according to my research Angel One allows Switching of mutual funds even though it also keeps the mutual fund units in demat account. (It requires cdsl tpin while placing switching orders)

So why this is not possible in zerodha Coin?

anyone?

@Neelesh

Hello @Neelesh @Bhuvan

Kindly answer.

When you say switch are you talking about switch from regular to direct or transfer between platforms?

Thank you for replying.

I am talking about switching from one kind of mutual funds to different kind of mutual fund within the same amc.

For example switching from sbi gilt fund to sbi nifty index fund.

Why did you hide the thread?

That’s the same as buying and selling. No matter how you do it, there will be tax implications. But we’re trying to build this on Coin as well.

This forum isn’t meant for support and account specific queries.

This post isn’t about support or account specific query. This is about a missing feature of zerodha coin. And zerodha says that this feature is not possible, even though other brokers are doing it.

So this post is about discussing with other users what zerodha is trying to achieve by lying about what is possible !!

Therefore kindly unhide this post.

It’s possible in demat. But we are trying to build a flow that simulates it. What’s there to lie :slight_smile:

isn’t this a lie? this logic.
zerodha is trying to use wrong reason to convince people about why it is missing an important feature.
Basically it is trying to mislead its users. I also believed this for a long time. but recently I acciently came to know that angel one can do it. I was shocked to know that zerodha mislead me by lying.

there is a HUGE difference of convenience if the amount to be switched is large. for example 50 lakh or 80 lakh.