Nifty Mid 50 Futures

Has anyone ever traded Nifty Mid 50 futures ? The bid-ask spread is sometimes as wide as 20%. I cannot possibly think who will want to buy one or make market. Can anyone share their experience with this instrument ?

Trade only NIFTY and BANK NIFTY

@Newbie420 : while your enthusiasm to answer is appreciated but its irrelvant to my question. Do you have an answer for me ?

No one trades it

@Newbie420: Thats not true. Please dont misinform. You can check the total traded quantity for this contract on ZD on any given day.

Dont act like a fact Nazi or a noob

2 lots traded today which means NO trades

Again dont go acting like a fact nazi in markets, negligible liquidity means no liquidity

Yeah so thats precisely my question. Who ever would trade it ? Is it usually traded by mistake or is there more to it ?

See the OI -its not very insignificant either.

Its simple, those who feel they have a very good idea where midcap index is going wont mind the bid ask spread

But most retail traders lose 90% of the time in highly liquid indices like BANKNIFTY and NIFTY

So what would happen to us in illiquid ones

That is why as a general rule, people only trade BANKNIFTY and NIFTY

Hmm - I am actually baffeled by the large OI given the daily volume is so low. Anyone has any useful comments there ?

Atleast this has some volume but India vix has nothing.

On 24 and 25 July you can see 50%+50% of the Total OI was created, so it seems some big party just rolling the futures

After that there is not even 5 lot volume on any day until now in last 2 weeks

1 Like