Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

of course yes…now there is an option wherein the trader can choose to not exercise certain ITM option strikes upon expiry…

1 Like

Okay …I am wondering if he actually had to pay all that tax amount or was it wavered.

2 Likes

oh okk…i thought you were asking if his petition succeeded…i am not aware though about if he paid the tax amount

1 Like

Is this choice made at the time of entry order or can it be made at some later point but before expiry

2 Likes

Yes my first question was that if his petition succeeded :blush:

2 Likes

i dont trade options but i guess you have to wait till expiry day and see whether ur strike has become ITM if u bought atm/otm while entry…not sure hw it works exactly but that stt anomaly has been sorted NO MORE STT trap on exercised In the money options

1 Like

use the hash tag #sebiagainstretailtrader please.

4 Likes

I think it did. But not sure about the tax if he had to pay it in the end or not. But that STT glitch have been removed as far as i know.

1 Like
1 Like

Damn fools instead of taking a mass education initiative they are creating barriers which is again unnatural…

Even a exam qualification makes more sense

But not networth… Esp for growing traders

Its like preventing a person to drive on the road unless he owns 10 vehicles this is their logic

Why not create a trade licence or margin trading licence with proper exams and qualifications this sounds more logical than just networth…

Many are yet to inherit their networth, many are in the process of building a networth slowly slowly according to their desire and goals in life… How will they bring a sufficient networth to be eligible huh??

2 Likes

Lol these people call them “experts” lol… Only interested in filling “their” pockets by forcing people to invest!!

And ironically now you have ltcg and what not just to make sure you will be crippled in every way possible

1 Like

NSE already has NCFM certifications right, why dont they do that as eligibility for trading

They may get huge revenues and it helps real traders to be able to trade, win-win

3 Likes

Exactly my point. You took the words right out of my mouth.

1 Like

what will retail traders do if this rule is implied :thinking::thinking:

Will suffer as usual what else unless we do something about it

i am confused about the statement; will this be for derivatives or equity as well?

@fin9 @ManishAstral
https://www.business-standard.com/article/markets/sebi-mulls-hiking-pms-investment-threshold-118082000884_1.html
I dont understand why retailers must be discouraged.

Its for both

I am not getting it, cud you explain?