Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

Try adding me on WhatsApp and then message me. I have airtel and airtel has network issues, so you may not be able to call me

PIL ka jada mujhe pata nai but uskoo kisi bade ka support hota aisa nai he…
Haan kuch minimum number of people should sign ausa kuch he

Hi,

Even a single person can file a pil.
The only condition is that it should be related to a topic of public grievance.

Read the link I have provided above.

In case you need help regarding discussing with a SC advocate then do let me know.

3 Likes

Suprem court pe kyu jaa rahe he sab
Indnt understand think directky suprem court me pohchna he

However, till now there has not been any direct communication by our brokers regarding this cap. All info we are getting is thru media sources.
So filing a PIL based on some news sources will not be appropriate because sebi has not yet implemented this rule on ground.
But being prepared by gaining maximum knowledge before hand is a good idea.
One should also be clear on what all ways this rule can affect traders and other participants.
Some facts and figures will also need to be collected for which one might need the help of some financial agencies like the group of brokers or others.

3 Likes

A PIL can be filed either in HC or SC

2 Likes

But Its on their discussion paper , and physical kr liye impliment aur vi cheeje kr li…
Yahi ek last bacha he…
But bohot jada imp lag ra mujhe to…
Kya pata kuch hedgin krne milegi vi ki nai???

1 Like

Better idea will be for all traders to go on strike for a few days by abstaining from trading.

Don’t place trades at all … but people should be united in this thing.

These agencies and govt are earning taxes and fees and charges because traders are placing trades everyday … let them also take a hit on their income for a few days and see how it affects them.

2 Likes

We are small in numbers. Like really small.

Actually retailers are not small in number but are scattered throughout the country … so a common decision or consensus is difficult to take in this regard.
Another idea is to write an online appeal to sebi after circulating it within maximum number of traders and taking their signatures and support online and then sending it to sebi.
These kind of online appeals where more than 50000 signatures are gathered in a few days becomes an important topic and government and concerned agencies have to deal with it.

3 Likes

50000? I don’t know man. That’s a lot. But I will do my best.

1 Like

First thing will be drafting the application
It should contain max info regarding the rule and how it’s going to affect traders negatively

After it is finalised we all can share it within our known friends traders and groups and ask them to sign and further share it among their known persons …this way a chain reaction can take place and many signatures can be gathered

It is called Online Petition

Lots of people circulate such petitions these days on many topics to garner support and attract attention of the concerned authorities
I’ll send you a link of one such online petition …will have to search in my mailbox

Yeah but this rule has not come out yet. So I guess we’ll see what the details are and then take action. But yeah since this is going on. Do you think we can do something about that exposure margin rule? Because currently I have to leave out money so as to avoid penalties but seriously I could have used that money to protect myself against losses.

I’ll have to understand your problem regarding exposure margin first … didn’t get it

Can we talk through WhatsApp or telegram please? It’d be easier. My number is 9560606861. I am not a creep or anything so feel safe.

1 Like

Okay I’ll note your number and can communicate on whatsapp

Meanwhile you can go thru the below link where you can start an online petition. After writing your grievance you can circulate it to people and ask them to circulate further

https://www.change.org/start-a-petition

2 Likes

OK indeed. So I guess I have to start things. Never thought a guy like me would start a revolution. I am nervous really.

4 Likes

Don’t be nervous … and don’t forget to write in it that if sebi is so concerned about small traders then why doesn’t it reduce the sizes of lots that it has been increasing continuously
I remember trading in reliance when lot size was 500 … now they have increased to 1000
How will retailers afford the continuously increasing sizes of lots

Don’t worry … I will share your petition as much as I can and so will other traders who will be affected negatively

2 Likes

Petition is here -

3 Likes