Sensibull accessing kite

We sensibull+kite users all know how we log into sensibull using our kite credentials. What I would like to know is, how does sensibull place a trade (or show positions) through kite from the backend? If the user had kite api subscription then, once can get the access token and api key from kite page and create a kite object and place a trade. But such a subscription is not required for an average sensibull+kite user. Ofcourse, this is not just unique to sensibull. Other platforms also has this. Hence I would like to know how the trade is placed from the backend without using kite api. Sorry this might be obvious to pro developers, but I’m a newbie developer.

i think sensibull would be integrating with kite through OAuth authentication allowing it to make authorized api calls to kite’s trading platform on your behalf. thus the setup is kept simple + also maintaining security and compliance with kite’s api usage policies. i am not official person to comment on this, but i assume this should be the way.

Kite API for startups. Used by smallcase, streak, sensibull, etc. It is free for general mass-retail apps