Sorry state of portfolio, should I exit or wait?

Attached is the sorry state of my portfolio, entered the market at wrong time & choose wrong scrips, should I exit & minimise the loss OR hang on till the stock recovers ?

Out of those, TATAMOTORS and PNB can go up in long term, so if u can keep them for long term, there should be no problem. But dont try to average.

BEL and NCC - These stocks are in aggressive downtrend. These should be ones to exit. But I think these were rallying a bit since July 1st till today, only today we saw midcap collapse out of the blue. So just check for few days maybe this BEL might show upmove again.

Please note I am no expert, take my views as opinion.

1 Like

I’ll say if you don’t need that money then you can keep them for long and atleast recover invested amount and if you need that money and you have confidence that you can recover that amount in few days and that loss won’t bother you then check market condition of those stocks and when they’ll rise and take final call… Today I also exited from ICICI shares and took Rs.9,000 loss because of my idiot strategy for waiting too long which resulted me loss instead of profit. But I recovered Rs.1500 on same day and will recover remaining and go ahead in few days. See its a market and like a business. So there are ups and downs in market and business…so it’s upto you whether you want to get rid of annoying stocks and keep a new good track and rebuild a good profile or you want to hold those and take only profit out of it… Thats all I can say… You should also take expert advice which will be helpful for now and future.

1 Like

Yeah man… Need to be wise on the duration and charts. Because once the trade is set we can’t back out. We’ll have only 3 choices either take loss or equal the balance and take only brokerage as loss or wait and get profit… So study matters… I’m experiencing it man… Its hard to track these things… We need to be very sharp.

Bro you can wait for PNB and Banks as Govt is thinking of supplying 8000 crore as lifeline to get some banks like PNB to get on foot again. So check some news… Study a bit hard… You’ll get your answer.

Thanks to everyone for the valuable inputs.

Assume that I will give you my advice. How will you decide if you should take my advice or not?