TradeTalez: An automated Trading Journal

I can tell you that Trade Talez (Trade Talez Website) is a made-in-India automated trading journal with pricing starting from just 699 INR. Sure, I can mention that you can get a flat 30% off on any monthly subscription right now along with a 15-day free trial, and that it supports auto sync with top Indian brokers like Zerodha, Upstox, Fyers, and many more. But this isn’t that kind of promotion. This post is to change how we think about trading. It’s a post to change the perspective about trading and how discipline might just be the holy grail that we all have been searching for, from day one of our trading journey.

Discipline is the backbone of every successful trader’s journey. And I believe the cornerstone of discipline in trading is Journaling.

Let’s face it—many traders start by spending money on courses, doing a bit of backtesting, and then diving into the market with a broker account. The result? Most of us end up in the 95% who struggle to make consistent profits.

But what if there’s a different path, a path less taken? Instead of spending on expensive courses, why not learn from free resources available on YouTube and other platforms? If you spend money, spend it on yourself—specifically, tools that help you develop discipline and track your progress, like journaling from day one. I am not even saying that use Trade Talez, start with an Excel sheet if you want, but do start journaling.

Here’s a quick visual comparison:

Journaling helps you build a BLUEPRINT based on your own trading experiences. After a few years in the market, you’ll have a solid plan tailored to your style and strengths, something no course can ever give you. This personal blueprint is what the top 5% of traders use to succeed. They have built it with discipline and consistent effort.

The more you journal, the more you understand your own trading psyche and market behavior. It’s like having a personalized guide to success, written by you, for you.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences with journaling. How has it helped you, or how do you think it could change your trading approach if you choose to opt for the same? Let’s discuss and learn from each other!

PS: This promo is approved by Zerodha.

Give me 5 features of your platform that I can do with the help of automation, which I think is the primary working principle of your product.

Hello,

Glad that you asked that question.

1. Automatic data fetching from all top Indian brokers. You can get all your data with a single click. No other automated journal has the feature that syncs with all Indian brokers, that too in this price range.
  2. Data segregation for portfolio analysis and journaling.
  3. Trade metric including but not limited to Win ratio, trade expectancy, profit factor, win rate, etc. All these metrics are given to you based on your data with a single click. (All based on date filter.)
  4. In depth reports: these section itself gives more than 5 features that will take a heck lot of time and effort if done manually. Reports of your data based on: Day, week, time, duration, setups, mistakes, RR.
  5. TT insights: Flagship feature: with one click, you get your best working setup, your worst mistake, your best day of trading, whether you are a bull or bear trader and whether you are an intraday or a swing trader (All this based on your own data). A blueprint tailor made for you based on your own data.

All these features are usually done manually and that takes away a lot of time and mainly the discipline to keep on journaling day after day. With Trade Talez, you just need to sync your data and journal it, that’s about it. We will do the rest for you. 2 mins a day and you will get all the data you need to build your personal blueprint.

We have all features in detail about this product on our website. I would suggest you to just take the 15 days free trial and see how it feels. No harm, no foul.

Dear @iampt

I’m Journaling since 2022 in MSExcel. And to the best of my knowledge it is best way to optimize your profits and your strategy.
Because see, after everything we do in Trading journey it runs on data. And if we can’t control our own data, where your are doing expenses or generating cashflows… It’s all waste of everything you do out there.

Journaling your Trades, Your Investing are all a good habits to do. Be consist in it. After all whether it may be or may be not put you in top 5% traders category but atleast put in the pitch to play consistenyly.

Strategies are there for years, in needs months and months to master a strategy… keep it simple and practice it regularly.

Once BruceLee said, “He doesn’t fear from a person who knows Martial Arts in full but He fears a person who paractice a simple kick daily to how to use it.”

The best way to learn and optimize yourself is to write down your own Trades in written or in MSExcel, not just paying someone to organise your work.
If you keep your life and work as simple as it is. It will be best for yourself.

Thank You

2 Likes

Absolutely! I’m with you 100%. As I mentioned earlier, it doesn’t matter what tool you choose, journaling is the key to consistent success in trading. I used Excel myself starting back in 2019, but I wasn’t proficient or consistent in it. Honestly, I never felt like spending time learning all the intricacies of Excel just to analyze my trades. I wanted a tool that would give me all the insights without the hassle, and I was even willing to pay a bit for it. I tried platforms like Tradezella and TraderSync, but they either fell short or were way too expensive. That’s when I decided to create my solution, which eventually became public as TradeTalez. It’s designed for traders who aren’t very familiar with Excel, don’t have the time for manual entries, or struggle to maintain consistency due to the tedious nature of journaling using an Excel sheet.

In any case, kudos to you for being this disciplined with your journaling! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you for the details. i really appreciate indian startups regardless of whether their products introduce something new or build on existing market tools. based on my experience in data domain, i have a few suggestions. i’m not here to judge the quality or potential success of your product but to provide some feedback on the initial presentation/marketing.

1. just simplify the product explanation and clearly state what the product does and what unique value it brings. avoid overusing complex marketing jargons which only confuses potential users.

for example your website states: “TradeTalez serves as your essential digital partner, facilitating seamless trade journaling and robust analytics, empowering you to trade with greater intelligence. Pioneering India’s first comprehensive automated digital trading journal. TradeTalez acts as your indispensable digital ally, enabling effortless trade journaling and comprehensive analytics, empowering smarter trading decisions through enhanced insights and analysis capabilities.

i mean why is this so hard to decipher. why not - “TradeTalez simplifies trade journaling and provides analytics to help you make better trading decisions. It offers India’s first automated trading journal to track and analyze trades easily.”

1. when describing your platform’s features simply avoid generic claims. like integration with brokers is standard (even streak has this). instead emphasize specific unique features like a specific report that you might have that sets you apart from competitors.

2. additionally testimonials are a great marketing tool but it’s more impactful when the endorsers are well known in the industry. this can enhance credibility and trust. i mean who on earth is himanshu patel? or rajesh menon? you’ve invested in website maintenance, cloud, apis’ etc. but why not allocate some budget towards getting well known people to promote your product? actually - a truly valuable product doesn’t need marketing -look at zerodha. they’ve built trust without ads. lamborghini never advertises itself. i mean if you offer genuine value, word-of-mouth itself will be your powerful tool. anyways focus on delivering that value and the marketing will follow naturally. just think, you want me to pay 699 or something per month and your #1 feature is broker integration?

finally, a related example is pixstox (regular irritating posts in this forum). i just gave that dude some feedback like pixstox could simply be marketed as ‘a solution to save PC RAM by consolidating multiple tabs into one’. straightforward communication is key to growing sustainably.

i wish you the best with TradeTalez.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback. I’ll be discussing with my team how we can further simplify the website to make it more clear and user-friendly. Regarding the broker sync feature, it’s a key part of our unique selling proposition (USP). While it may seem straightforward, no other automated journal provides this functionality at our price point. It usually takes 6 months to a year to onboard all brokers, and based on our 3-month survey and 6 months of beta testing, this auto-sync feature stands out. I’ll also ensure that we emphasize the reports and analytics that we offer. PS: People who understand the power of journaling are currently paying north of 2000/month for other alternatives that don’t even provide an auto-sync feature. Many are shifting to Trade Talez as we speak.

Despite minimal marketing efforts—just a few posts here and there—we’ve received overwhelming support from brokers, and we already have a few hundred users purely through word of mouth. We’re also in discussions with several local brokers who are interested in bringing our product to their trading desks, with potential user bases ranging from 500 to 1,000. Additionally, we are in talks with a top Indian broker for a potential partnership.

For the retail market, my primary focus is on promoting the value of journaling and discipline in trading. Unfortunately, discussions around these topics don’t seem to gain much traction. Ironically, people often prefer to spend large sums on courses that might not yield results, rather than investing a small amount—roughly the cost of a meal—in building the discipline that truly drives success.

Cheers!

Hi, I am interested in trying out your product, but it does not seem like there is live data fetching from nse/bse for stocks currently in portfolio, which is a feature I would certainly want if I was paying for a product, as I would also be using this for tracking my portfolio, and taking buy/sell decisions in real time.

Also I would hope for more analysis of my trades, such as how my stocks have performed after I sold them, as taking good exit decisions in swing and positional trading is the most important thing. Also more technical insights into stocks currently in portfolio and analysis of sell decisions would be appreciated.

Put your trade detail in excel and all live pnl calculate as per stock moves. I use Both broker Zerodha trades in excel.
their is simple method that you can use google sheet, all data feed from google itself, below for Reference, i am swing trader and made Trading journal.

3 Likes

Does it fetch directly or need manual entry

@Tilak1 r u asking to me?

Hello!

Basically you are asking for a portfolio analyser, rather a trading journal. We have made plans to add portfolio analyser features in future updates and get live data from NSE/BSE as well. For now, this journal is more for tracking setups, mistakes, performance based on strategies, days, etc. This journal is meant to give you a blueprint for trading made for you, by you. That being said, I have taken your requests in account and will add it to our future updates.

This is great indeed. In fact this is a great way to analysis your PnL. I highly doubt it has what it takes to accurately give you all data about your performance. There is a lot that goes into performance before reaching the PnL factor. How you took your trade, why you took your trade, what day, what time, what setup, what mistake, just to name a few. One needs all these data to properly understand their performance and make adjustments to their strategies and mindset. I too were using this sort of an excel sheet. Didn’t help me with my growth as a trader.

If anyone wants to track their live PnL, this is best. If anyone wants 10x more data that gives you a solid blueprint of your performance, something that you can use again and again to grow efficiently as a trader, use TradeTalez.

1 Like

Yes @Bhupen_A. Your sheet looks very good.

Thanks,

first we need to put our trade entry like symbol name and entry date exit date entry price and exit price rest data auto calculated.

if trade open Live unrealized pnl will reflect on sheet

1 Like

you can also use this (in google sheets). just enter the symbol and your buy price. the current price and returns are auto fetched/cal. modify the formula to do x times for your x no.of stocks.

we can use directly in symbol name as “NSE:HDFCBANK” no need to add contact cell again

yes you can. basically it was made to take in .csv from chartink; so i posted the same.