10 Reasons why I haven't yet considered Zerodha Coin for Mutual Fund Investments

Thank you for latest updates

2 Likes

Just gives us some time, you’ll see that its not the case :slight_smile:

Its been more than two years, too many manual calculations in coin, can you please let us know, when we can expect,
Free Units to sell with respect to exit load and LTCG tax free units

1 Like

Expecting COIN Web to get somewhat usable by early 2022 or 2023 :thinking: maybe so that at least once a month a person can make a try to open & check it. Right now the state it is in, it feels like those truck in north Indian dhabas that are there only for the photo clicks without any purpose.

This definitely isn’t expected. People do want to manage all there investment all under one ecosystem. I understand development work can be slow but on coin front its kind of stagnant, like an athlete who have hit the plateau.

2 Likes

There were also a bunch of regulatory changes which delayed the revamp. Please bear with us @RKumar3 :slightly_smiling_face:

still no update on SIP & SWP to get benefits of LTCG. also no feature update for liquid funds.

1 Like

Seeing Zerodha AMC on the horizon, I’m hoping Coin will undergo major upgrades addressing most of the issues/suggestions mentioned in this thread. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Are there any insights regarding what Zerodha can offer ? Will it be like Navi launching cheapest index funds ? What features do you expect from an AMC which are not currently offered ?

3 Likes

Lol the revamped app/website for Coin has been in the pipeline for more than 3 years now. I wonder if the development team at Coin works in yearly sprints. Is there a date/year/decade you guys are tracking by when the new website will be rolled out?

3 Likes

So, the regulatory challenges still continue and we are left with same/worse version of coin

Better to go with MFcentral

You can check out Finvasia if you are open to suggestions.

I was considering coin over kuvera but after asking in various discords, reddit and forums the general consensus seems to be that zerodha doesn’t care in the slightest about coin. It’s unacceptable that even points 1-4 aren’t implemented after 3 years. The users who have trusted this platform are left hanging for so long while other brokers offer these features.

When I heard they were working on it I assumed it must have been 6 months at most but 3 years! What a joke, cannot believe I nearly went with coin when this is how long it will take for basic features to be implemented. Cannot believe how badly the reputation online has been tarnished, from everyone singing praise to not even 5% recommending zerodha for mutual funds no matter where I asked.

6 Likes

@Bhuvan @nithin

Can’t post more than 3 replies on a topic, so cannot post another reply on previous topic. So posting my last post on Coin here and then moving out from coin for all my new MF investments. Experience is not pleasant for last few weeks. These issues keep repeating and you are least bothered to even acknowledge and pathetic helpdesk.

• Can’t make MF purchase for more than 1 lakh using UPI now. Getting the error that I posted in the previous topic.
  • SIP amount through e-mandate was debited yesterday at around 9 am and I should be getting T day NAV, but it looks like a delay, AMC has not received the funds.

There is no point in cribbing here as you guys takes no responsibility, I am closing all my SIPs and moving directly to AMC.

1 Like

Sorry about, this Pranav. Will have someone from our team get in touch with you.

Hi @Pranav.Varshney

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Increasing the UPI limit of 2 lakh will be done shortly from our banking partners end and should be live by EOD today.

This issue can happen with any distributor and banking partner. The NAV allotment will happen as per the time funds were reported from the payment aggregator/ banking partner to the exchange (BSE StAR MF).

The issue here was pertaining to the funds debit confirmation from NPCI to the banking partner. Owing to this delay the funds were reported after the cutoff time from the banking partner to the exchange. Hence the NAV allotment will be as per the next day. Refer to this article to learn more.

Another glitch in kite, as Kotak has stopped additional purchase in NASDAQ 100 fund, the AMC SIP in the same was paused in Kite. But today on SIP date, SIP order was not placed but SIP amount through e-mandate was debited from my account. Can you get it checked, get it fixed and refund my amount at earliest. @Bhuvan @nithin

Deepak from you team is looking into it. Hope I do not see same issue next month and get my today’s money asap.

Checking this.

1 Like

One more reason not to consider coin zerodha is portfolio data vanishes all of a sudden lot mutual investments and their breakdowns.
@Bhuvan @nithin

Sorry about thus, we had an issue. Should be fixed soon.