75% of all Yes Bank shares held will be blocked for 3 years

Sir
I have 789 share on 13 March
789 75% is 789*75%100= 591
789-591=198
But today show my share is only 137
Why sir

@ashok_laler DM your client id, will get it checked.

@nithin can shareholders of yes bank can get loan against their shares from bank/NBFC. Also this decision is extremely wrong for current shareholders of yes bank. What if someone bought stock as short term trade or btst. This sudden decision is against the one of foundation for which market stands to create liquidity. It benefits who will buy today but what if someone purchased at 100 rs , does rbi/sebi provide gurantee that he will recover his investment after 3 years.
And institutions who bought at 10 if allowed to sell 25 percent can recover their whole investment in current price of yes bank and rest 75 percent as free.

@ASLAM_SHAIKH you shouldn’t have any shares under lock-in. We are updating it on Console. Kite will be showing 55 quantity itself which is correct. The lock-in is initiated on the holdings in your demat. You had only 55 shares which is < 100. Hence, none of the shares in your demat is under lock-in. The remaining 390 shares (T1 holding) are still not settled. As explained in the post above, today we are not showing any unsettled quantity of Yes Bank on the terminal as BTST is blocked for this.

Not possible.

This is debatable but as decision is taken we have to live with it.

I want to know a simple thing, after 3 years lock-in what will be the selling price of the Shares.

1. The same as we purchased
  2. The current market price

Market price after 3 years.

1 Like

selling price is the price at what you sell, and that depends on the actual market prices after 3 years.

1 Like

So , what will be the price of the share ? current price or the price which will be there after 3yrs?

Buy price remains constant, the selling price will depend on the market price after 3 years when you decide to sell.

Can I sell all share bought today even if they are above 100 in quantity?

Looks like a small goof from our side in block calculation. This 390 you bought isn’t delivered yet, so the 75% block on (390+55) should show only once that is delivered. It takes 2 working days from when you bought it for delivery.

Currently there is 55 shares in your holding, so block should be 0. I guess you are seeing this 55 shares on Kite.

I have 2000 shares of Yes Bank but Kite shows only 250 as unlocked while console shows only 750 as blocked. What about the other 1000 shares?

@Harsh_Gupta1 DM your client id, will get it checked.

Shares bought on or after 16th can be sold anytime, even if it is above 100.

Cant send a DM to you. How do I do this?

Can you DM to one of the moderators @Nakul ? He will get it checked.

1 Like

I have bought 500 shares of Yes bank on 12th March 2020 and another 384 shares on 13th March 2020. So presently I am holding 884 shares of Yes Bank. My queries are as follows:
(i) Whether 884 shares will be credited to my Demat account or not?
(ii) If credited, whether they would be counted as blocked shares or not?
(iii) If not credited at all, when will the total purchase price will be reverted to my trading account.

Please clarify the situation for shares bought on 12th & 13th March 2020.

@Harsh_Gupta1 We’re having this checked. Kindly give us some time.

We see that out of the 2000 shares you held, 1000 shares were still not settled. As explained in the post, all shares bought on 12th and 13th March will not be shown in the Kite holdings as BTST isn’t allowed. Out of the remaining 1000 shares which were already in your demat 75% i.e., 750 shares is under lock-in and 250 shares is your free holding.