A button to take a break from trading?

Disable trading MIS and FnO with real money, instead enable virtual portfolio with virtual money so that the addicted traders could still go ahead trade and apply new strategies on virtual money.

1 Like

LOL, a button isnā€™t going to stop traders from doing what they love.

Even if they enable ā€˜do not tradeā€™ button, the very next day they will again disable it.

Only way to stop traders from trading is they blowing up all their money. That will put a stop on their trading for a while atleast.

1 Like

@nithin But how do people using NOW platform from Zerodha benefit from it? Does disabling in kite also disable in NOW as well?

Itā€™ll be a great option. Request to please add on Pi as well if possible.

Thanks in advance !
Aj

Traders who want to adopt for using a window to stop them self, I suggest them not to stop things like this.Bā€™cus it will take their practice of time relationship for taking risk with patience . Although they should try jobbing in that same derivativeā€™s scrips in same manner with 10 or 20 then 100 or 200 in increasing number.
Which would give them enough time to think at what point they had previously made mistakes.DR4910

Are you making profit now?

Yes, small profit

Once again Zerodha leading by @nithin has proved itā€™s transparency and brutal honesty for its customers. This is really an awesome and innovative idea which Zerodha can only think about. In the world of cut-throat competition between brokers; Zerodha is atleast thinking about its clients (Retail Traders).

Please make available this ā€œMagic Buttonā€ in your next update.
Keep innovating and keep risingā€¦ thanks ZERODHA.

1 Like

Good idea ,thats y zerodha is close to our heart always

Truely long term thinking. Better to lose few days of brokerage for a lifetime of dormat account. But ā€¦ I think better than that, create an option to take a quiz on trading as a way to improve skill and then allow the traders back on Kite. You can even charge for these tests. Atleast you wont lose revenue and you can uplift the average trading skills.

Great initiative, please implement ASAP, this will be the best decision ever in the history of brokerage industry on Zerodhaā€™s part. I think it will especially helpful for those with certain mental conditions where they have difficulty controlling emotion even when willing. This will act as a circuit breaker for those with an anxiety issue. Please implement this. I traded thousands of crore worth of futures and options with Zerodha and seen tens of lakhs in losses, only telling this because this a big thing for me, personally.

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ this took a backseatā€¦ Console.zerodha.com will get more powerful over time, it isnā€™t too far where you will have controls to block account on your own.

1 Like

@siva do we allow this?

1 Like

We can do it.

1 Like

Thanks @siva @nithin for the awesome support :+1:
I will contact Zerodha Customer Care to block BO, CO, MIS, CNC Order features from my A/c completely and leaving only the NRML Order for Futures Trading?

You can create ticket here.

1 Like

Oh Great!! I will do the needful here.
BTW Suppose after 6 months or 1 yr I will need these features then can I revoke it on my Trading A/c?

You can.

1 Like

Thanks once again @siva for the prompt response & great support.

Already one such button is present - P&L Statement :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes