A valuable addition to keyboard shortcuts

Good day there!

I wanted to bring to your attention about the possibility of adding few more keyboard shortcuts that would make day trading a breeze.

As soon as the shares are bought, it is added to the positions. The only way to exit is to navigate to the positions page and then click the three dots, select exit and then click ok. By the time the prices would have risen or fallen.

Please consider the following suggestions for keyboard shorts-

1. There should be a customize option for keyboard shorts such as Alt+1, Z, F5, etc., or something where I can configure my BUY setup. Example: I configure the key Z for a buy order with a quantity of 1000 shares and a limit price/market price. The moment I hit the key Z, 1000 shares are immediately placed to BUY with the price points I setup under custom option.
  2. Similarly, there should be customizable EXIT order that I can setup with the buy details with a shortcut. Immediately after a buy, I hit the shortcut key for EXIT positions and that is executed.
  3. A similar option to short like point (1) above must also be given.
  4. A keyboard shortcut to setup stop loss must also be made available at a press of a shortcut.

Advantages

• One can imagine how quickly a trade can be entered, place a stop loss and exit without much fuss.
  • The keyboard shortcuts can be customized the day before itself and all the user needs to do is just hit the keyboard shortcut.
  • A lot of trades can be planned with each custom keyboard options. Ex: Trade 1 setup with a set of price points and quantity. Trade 2 setup with a set of price points and quantity and so

I hope the above can be included in your development consider day traders such as myself.
If any of the above isn’t clear, please feel free to reach out and I will try to articulate in detail.

Looking forward to seeing the above options into the platform very soon.

2 Likes
  1. Can use GTT, unless it is mis.

2. If it is mis then select sticky order window from my profile settings

Place the buy order, quickly move to sell and then place again, no need to invoke anything else, quantity also remains same.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the knowledge sharing. I do not think this will work out to buy and sell using the same window. This is useful only for continuous buying or selling I hope. Nevertheless, I will try it out tomorrow.

Few questions for clarity pls-

Let us say I bought 1000 shares of ABC at market price using sticky window. The 1000 shares go to the positions immediately. Now, from the same sticky window if I sell 1000 shares at market price, will the positions be cleared to zero or how? I have never used sticky window and hence the query.

How can we quickly add stop loss immediately after MIS buy and cancel the SL if positions are cleared?

Appreciate the time and responses.

Try once or twice with 1 share tomorrow and you will only know. Keep positions page open on right side so you can see position getting added immediately.

i did not get a chance to test it out. Will do on Monday. Very eager to test it out :slight_smile: