Ability to create different portfolios in Kite

yes please. tagging is already there, just bring it upto Kite UI
i hope tagging will be available for holding and positions too, not just orders.

Thanks for the information. Let me evaluate Kotak. I am considering moving out, if there is anyone else providing this feature.
@nithin Not sure why are you not giving this feature an higher priority.

1 Like

We have discussed this Siva previously as wellā€¦ Tagging is no where close to feature of multiple portfolios. What we are expecting is the way to see holdings just like you see smallcase/mf/kite drop down on the holdings page.

1 Like

I searched in google ā€œcan I have multiple portfolio holdings created in Zerodha kiteā€ and reached this page so people have thought about this already years back, it would really be nice to have this feature in Kite.
example: 1) long term 2) Trading 3) short term 4) etc.
please consider such helpful features and also where we can view the consolidated holdings and segregated view.

2 Likes

Hi Siva

As you said about bringing tagging functionality on Kite UI, I am assuming it refers to the holdings tab on Kite web UI, and by using tags we will be able to see the real-time P&L/dayā€™s change for different tags as we see for the entire holdings as of now? Would be really helpful for separating long term/short term portfolio on Kite.

Yeah, based on tag one can see pnl but separately managing long term portfolio and short term is not possible, if you mean about tagging portfolio based on longterm/shorterm tag and seeing pnl for that tag only then that would be possible.

It is very saddening to see a ā€œNot possibleā€ response on this very basic and important feature requestā€¦

In this day and age how is something like this not possibleā€¦ Can you please explain why is this a challenge?

1 Like

How is it not possible? You are doing it for smallcase portfolio, where I can see smallcase holdings as a drop-down in the holdings page. Request you to please try. @nithin will motivate you. Nothing is impossible in the software world :wink:

That smallcase holdings is a broken experience. If you exit stock directly from Kite, the smallcase portfolio doesnā€™t get updated.

We have plans to extend our tagging feature to allow some of what you are asking for. But it will be tough to do within Kite.

2 Likes

I understand the complexity of tagging the quantity in addition to scrip name.
You could try to maintain two additional fields - one for ST and another for LT. Show ST qty in a ST holding page, and LT in LT holding page.
Another idea. If you recollect some percent of the holdings of Yes Bank shares were blocked for trading, and did not appear in holdings, but could be seen in console portfolio. You can do something similar logic to that as well.
Why am I unable to sell my Yes bank holdings?

1 Like

Just todayā€™s exampleā€¦ IEX Bonus issue shares have been credited today and the whole P&L is screwed as Avg Cost has not been updated and now till the time I exit it my entire P&L will show incorrectly

This feature is much needed. When we can create multiple watchlists, why canā€™t we have multiple portfolios be created the same way? @nithin

Not possible, lol. Contact Value Research, they may teach you how to do it. This feature is available on their website.

Maybe this is not on Nithinā€™s priority list for now. Someone from his technical team has convinced him that tagging is the answer to all problems. I have provided alternative solution as it has been handled in the case of Yes Bank, but hope his team tries to understand.

1 Like

Any update on this? This will be very good addition.

And Is this tagging feature available in kite app?

Iā€™m guessing this thread is not live, however I did have a request if portfolio views can be segregated based on equity and debt?

@nithin . Adding you explicitly here. Admire your time and responses in this thread. But just want to highlight that itā€™s not just a small number of users that want this feature. Iā€™ll take my example and there would be so many people like me who just open a different demat for testing different strategies. How about if Iā€™m holding a stock for long term but also want to buy/sell it with SL bases on SMA. I canā€™t do it in kite. It will do FIFO.
I want to be as constructive as I can .
People like me wonā€™t even ask for this on such forums and dwell into the tagging complexities. They will silently open a new account. Just like I wanted to do buying in dips strategy and 3% profit exits based on SMA and opened a ICICI account. Had to pay them 5000 for lower brokerage.

For me itā€™s inconvenience
For zerodha itā€™s directly a thing that should have reflected by now in the bottom line.

With best intentions
Ankur

2 Likes

Glad you brought this topic up again. I was just planning to open a new account with another brokerage for short term/ intra day while retaining my long term here. @nithin did say he will look into it last time ( 1-2 yrs back) when he interacted. Looks like he has other priorities. Hope he looks into this now.

At the demat account level, FIFO has to be applied, there is no way around that. We are working on a plan to allow customers to open a secondary demat where long term holdings can be parked.

3 Likes

Hi all, its very simple why zerodha dont wanna do it even after we been asking it from last 6 years. The simple reason is they cant show the same growth of demat account created to share holders , if they do their overall valuation will impact due to slow growth in demat account creation.

1 Like