Adani buys 29% in NDTV

LOL :joy: :laughing:

adani grp buying stocks like grocery items. daily 1 or 2 new names.

If retail can trade every day, there is no surprise in conglomerates buying stakes or entire companies. Some of such ventures go wrong, and some become profitable, and market knows this and rewards appropriately.

I’m rooting for Adani

hopefully he takes India to new heights

It seems the purchase is not mutual…

NDTV has published this on their website…

It was not really a purchase.
Promoters had leveraged their stake to take high debt and in return provided warrants (probably 10 yrs back), which can be converted to Shares in holding company.
Seems like Adani took over that debt and converted those warrants to take over the holding company.

Now promoters are crying :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m waiting for the day when their prime time anchors like Ravish Kumar will have to praise Modi government.:grinning:

1 Like

By this logic, promoters of Jet airways, Eveready, DHFL, Videocon, Dish TV, Yes Bank and countless others can also cry that no consent or input was taken before the takeover.

I think this group is on its way to acquire cos.

3 Likes

Just “wow” - This article. Thank you Sir, for posting this here.

wow is for the way the article is worded and written. Excellent.

Few snippets

The short lesson: Don’t borrow your ass off.

The latest salvo is: Oh, we got indicted for insider trading, so we can’t let you take over VCPL because SEBI said don’t do anything for two years. It’ll get ugly.

It’s not like someone washed this TV channel with milk – they have solid political connections and have used them to their advantage in the past.

2 Likes

It seems Reliance had actually given loan to NDTV in the form of a bribe. Because VCPL has no other transactions for the past 13 years other than giving loans to NDTV. It was actually a shell company of Reliance.
Now Reliance double crossed by selling out the company to Adani so the promoters are fuming.

1 Like

I would have not been surprised if Adani had bought the whole of NDTV. Really looking forward to seeing the new angle of news.

The IT orders were made solely against RRPR in order to ensure RRPR’s continuing ownership of the NDTV shares. “The IT orders were not issued against Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy individually, and they have nothing to do with their equity ownership in RRPR,” it claimed, citing a response from VCPL. NDTV stock, in general, isn’t something I’d want to invest in because it hasn’t made much improvement in recent years.

I believe we all seem to be used to news like this now. Hopefully it continues to stay financially stable and doesn’t drop again.