Alerts / kite new feature

Hi , @ShubhS9 , today i am able to see new update in kite alerts ATO - Alert triggers order , think would be very useful to us ,just want to clarify somethings about ATO.

1. just want to re-confirm ,margin would be blocked only after execution till that it remains alert only and would not block margin for that buy order if the alert not triggered.
  2. so what is the difference between ATO and GTT now ?
    3.is alerts like limit order ? why my alert not triggered for the below condition

trigger for alert is 665.1 ,today open, low is 664.65 , so the alert should be triggered ? as selected <= , though i placed amo order for the same got executed at pre open , so if we placing ATO , chance like this sometimes miss execution ?
    Thanks .
1 Like

Yes, margins will be blocked only when alter is triggered and order is placed. Not if it isn’t triggered.

ATO can be used for buying or selling basket of stocks/F&O contracts based on an Alert which can be set on any index, stock, F&O contract.

For example, you want to buy certain set of stocks when Nifty falls below 24,000. You can set an Alert for this and add stocks to the list, once Nifty falls below 24,000 your ATO will be triggered and order for that set of stocks will be placed on the exchange.

With GTT, you can only buy/sell a specific stock for each GTT.

Ah, no. Altert isn’t like limit order. This can happen if the tick isn’t captured. Explained in detail here: Why is the Kite alert not triggered even though the conditions are met?

1 Like

Thanks @ShubhS9

@ShubhS9 in ATO can you enable to add Basket list, so it will be more helpful

1 Like