Aliceblue honest review

They do, but there’s a catch.

If you are looking for transparency, peace of mind and value added relationship, Zerodha is better than most discount brokers.

I know that Aliceblue does offer 3X but when I tried trading 1 lot at 1 rupee, they blocked 112 rupees, while Z for all it’s technical limitations blocked only 75.

Reasons given range from pathetic to despicable.

Not everything is bad there.

If you don’t fall for the trap called leverage and extra margin, you will realise that Z is good for the health of your account and learning curve.

I suggest only experienced traders who know how to manage risks go and play fire with cheapskates like Aliceblue

Option sellers- AB is the best choice if you are capable

3 Likes

I am one of their Authorized Persons and in deep headache with n number of things. I can quite ruthlessly give you review as I am sort of Authorized Person or Marketing Affiliate or Partner of every broker.

So I do not have ANY BIAS. I even have multiple AP licenses in various names in a properly diversified manner.

Backstory:

Like @nithin started Zerodha, Alice is actually very old company from the South. There was fight between two brothers. One made a separate arm named Zebu. Siddharth kept the original firm Aliceblue.

They partnered with Tradelab for their charting software which is also backed by Zerodha Universe. Read here Here’s how Zerodha became India’s biggest stock brokerage - Times of India. Zerodha’s first investment was Tradelab.

Platform:

That’s like Kite V1.

Sas Online, Aliceblue, Religare and half dozen broker uses same software. It is way inferior to Zerodha’s Kite. So, that’s the answer to how is the platform!

Platform Stability:

They have less active clients than Zerodha. Still, it hangs a lot.

• It has problem with cookies and it shows different people’s data if the other person had logged into your system before and logged out.
  • It has lots of glitches which you can see by inspecting elements. Mostly, basic Angular JS errors.
  • The data lags. The chart lags because load balancing is not proper.

But, the NEST platform works like butter.

Also, unlike zerodha, their API is completely free. So, APs like us who have certain set of clients made their own platforms like I have one in Telegram.

Leverage:

It is at the discretion of branch managers. Yes, they have a branch manager and regional manager structure. Some branch managers are good and cool. Some are too bad.

I can easily get anyone 10x leverage but right now they have capped it to 5L capital because most big 10x clients tend to lose money and end up in debit balances.

They have both a % plan like full brokers and per order plan like Zerodha. Everyone is instructed to shovel down % plans to the customers.

Customer Care

• They don’t care.
  • They don’t care about their APs/partners too.
  • They cut the positions without your authorization making random rules. (Like some cases, they do not allow to take your BankNIFTY Thursday positions to delivery so that they can make brokerage on the exit leg.)
  • Their RMS is too bad. Customers often keep going into debit balance.

If the branch manager has their target filled. Your account opening will take more than 2 months. There are three directors. Each director has their own liking. Like one of the directors used to give Mumbai branch an unfair advantage.

If your branch manager is bad. You’re done and dusted.

Search_results_cryptodice_gmail_com_Gmail%20(1)

It takes more than 20 mails to get a normal thing solved. In Zerodha, even if the customer support doesn’t respond, Nithin responds always without fail. I wonder How.

That shows the difference.

UnEthical

Client files with SEBI and sometimes they give generic replies there also.

Aliceblue is only sustaining because of 10x leverage and free API and few too awesome branch managers.

My branch manager which I prefer became father in this lockdown (You can only imagine the hardship.), He still works a huge amount of time, from peon to dealer lol all himself.

Unless it is necessary. Do not bother opening an account.

We created their python wrappers, many underlying sub terminals, and this, that. So, stuck with them as their API is free and already ended up building lots of things around its ecosystem.

I have near 14K active customers in my sub brokerage in total here and there (Comparison sites, This, That - Afterall, its business. PS: Its unrelated to Unofficed). In Zerodha, I have the least but I will blindly recommend everyone to Zerodha!

You know why - The founder is terribly transparent and He cares!

Anyways I have a slightly detailed review on options trading and this broker in a comparative manner.

14 Likes

Thanks for the detailed review

It comes from extreme pain haha.

2 Likes

haha, regardless…thanks for sharing so we don’t suffer :stuck_out_tongue:

Bro

Thank you for being honest

@nithin It’s not easy to build a solid personal reputation the way you do. Please take it as a word in sincerity.

With much respect comes great expectations and greater responsibilities.

I hope you will continue to uphold the values you have personally indicated

Please bear in mind that the losses due to glitches cause tremendous pain in your traders, because they trust you to do better

Actually this is what makes the sub broker business better in Alice. My team provide the support instead of their crap support. If you want to test waters there let me know.

Dear @manas111, I think Astha Trader can match your requirements. For example, they charge 3.5K to 5K (depending on volatility) for SELLING BANKNIFTY OPTIONS & all OTM orders are allowed.

are they reliable?

Yes. 100%.

Okay, will look into it more…thanks for recommending

Be sure to tally contract Notes each day. They deduct rampant charges. In Share Market Industry, there is a saying that you should forget anything that comes out of Madhya Pradesh state.

1 Like

oh, what’s been your experience with icici?

Normal…

High brokerage. Complex Platform. Made for old people, by old people…

3 Likes

I would like to see a page dedicated to those Indore patriots :grinning:

I remember once someone from Indore or Rajkot getting roasted by Nithin Bhatia

We all know about fraud tip providers from M.P. But it doesn’t mean that all businesses are carrying by cheating.
For your information, Astha is the first discount broker & older than Zerodha. But they can’t expand their business like Zerodha.
N.B. : I have never seen any illegal charges by Astha. Choice is yours.

I was surprised that they charged 4 rupess per bracket order placed per stock.This was not mentioned anywhere in their pricing plans.only after I looked into ledger i came to know about it.Very unethical…

1 Like

Tally the “Transaction Charges”. Thank me later.

No sir they mention it. I think it’s shown on the margin calculator page.

A lot of broker charge this one.

Sas Online, Alice Blue

Both charges this charge! But tally every charges separately and closely. I have seen double brokerage charge some times (accidentally and genuine) and subsequent refunds

1 Like