All about LIQUIDCASE, India’s first growth liquid ETF by Zerodha Fund House

Hi Vishal ,
Liquidcase is going to be introduced in the small case like windmill capital ( Introducing Zerodha Nifty 1D Rate Liquid ETF (LIQUIDCASE) in WCPL’s smallcases)
Introducing Liquidcase in Windmill Capital's smallcases . Since the current price is near 101 so it will cost effective and small amount can be invested unlike LIQUIDBEES.
Question is , Let us say the inav or the liquidcase price reached 200 rs point will there any chance for the bonus issue to reduce the price level to 100 Rs ? .

Hey Sandeep, the objective of launching LIQUIDCASE was not only to lower the ticket size of investment to enable greater participation but also to improve trackability of returns. We are happy and encouraqed that in such a short period since launch it has gained wide acceptance. At this point, we do not have any plans to reduce the NAV back to 100 at any point through any corporate action. However, as a retail centric fund house, we are always open to feedback and suggestions.

Ok , Thank You for the info.
Have few more doubts

1. Currently few shares (selected 25 nos) are in the T+0 settlement , any chance of Liquidcase will be included the T+0 settlement
  2. Pledge Etf + new etf sale on Fifi or lifo - let us say I have 100 pledged etf and brought another 100 more . Later sold 100 etf . Which will be sold out the first one (which is pledged ) or the last 100 .
1 Like

For LiquidBees, I know the intrinsic value of a unit is rupees 1000. Whenever I place an order to buy/sell I put 1000 rupees.

What price would I consider as intrinsic value for LiquidCase at the time of order placement?

You can look at iNAV on this site.

Hi vishal Or any one from Zerodha Fund House - please guide

What will be the expected returns pa?

If everything goes to T+0, then yes.

It’s all FIFO.

1 Like

In line with overnight mutual funds, TREPS and better than most FDs. You can track the TREPs rates here: https://old.ccilindia.com/Pages/default.aspx

This is wrong and misleading people. Today I bought liquid case worth 20L. I can clearly see that the STT was about 2000 Rs/-. Could you please let me know if I am missing something.

Hey Santhosh, as i understand the charges & taxes section on the platform shows standard charges applicable for all securities and includes STT. However, for debt products the same doesnt get charged in the contract note. For any debt product, there is a stamp duty of 0.015% levied on the buy side but no STT. Incase STT is being charged in the contract note, request you to raise a query on the Zerodha Broking helpdesk. Thanks

1 Like

Just found the below lines in Zerodha Portal. Pasting the same here for others to refer.

Did you know? STT is temporarily displayed in the charges section of the order window for Liquid BeES and Liquid ETFs. However, it will not be charged.

1 Like

If you can share your contract note then do so, we would like to see the truth. Thanks.

Blockquote

Total charges for Rs 1000000 worth of LIQUIDCASE will be about Rs 192. No STT only other charges. For 20L it should be about Rs 384 give or take.

1 Like

Zerodha does charge brokerage on this product for non-individual users though :|.

@nithin @Meher_Smaran Any change that Zerodha could decide to waive off brokerage specifically for LiquidCase for non-individual users?

Hmm… we will check on this.

1 Like

Is this done ?

Please look into your side of DP charges too. I think it’s 8 now. Eats into percentages a lot since expected returns are 6-7%.

Could maybe waive them off for LIQUIDCASE and GOLDCASE, and future ETFs

I think DP charges are charged by CDSL, so Zerodha does not have any room in that area. Brokerage on the other hand is exclusively charged by Zerodha so they have the power to modify that.

₹5 is charged by CDSL. ₹8 is by zerodha (as DP, not as broker) .

Even if CDSL doesn’t remove they can remove their side ig.

It’s very small figure, but % wise it could be high since returns are low