All about LIQUIDCASE, India’s first growth liquid ETF by Zerodha Fund House

Yep. No STT.

@Bhuvan
The confusion arises from this FAQ page , regarding the FIFO when mix of pledge and free holdings shares available
as per this article , free holdings will be sold first

So the FIFO will not applied till the Free hold nos goes to zero . so is the article wrong or my understanding wrong . Please clarify .

Say RBI starts to cut Repo rate. If this happens then the annual yield of LIQUID CASE will decrease? Are there any chances of Price of liquid case getting down or just the anuua, yield of LIQUDI CASE will reduce ?

Hey Abhishek, yes if there is a Repo rate cut, there would be a decline in the yield of LIQUIDCASE like any other similar product. However, as it a daily reset, there would be a decrease in daily yield the product generates. The chance of the end of the day NAV being lower than say the previous day is negligible and may happen only in an extreme circumstance.

2 Likes

Suppose I buy LIQUIDCASE of 1 lakh Rs and pledge it. I will get 90,000 collateral.
Can I buy any stock CNC order using the 90,000?

CNC requires 100% cash payment. No collateral.

Say, I buy LIQUIDCASE on Friday and when the market opens next on Monday are there any dividends paid on Saturday and Sunday that are going to be added back to liquid case’s NAV ? And also what happens when a trading holidays falls in between Monday to Friday are any dividens paid that would be added back to the NAV ?

Hey Abhishek, LIQUIDCASE doesn’t pay out any dividends as it is a growth NAV so the interest accrued from the underlying investments is reflected in the NAV on a daily basis. Now on Friday the LIQUIDCASE will be priced to include the accruals pf Fri+Sat+Sun and on Monday it will be priced to include accrual for Mon, so when an investor sells on Monday he gets accruals for only 1 day. If an investor wants to benefit from earning for whole weekend period he should invest on Thursday instead of Friday. This is because of the way money flows to AMC from exchange due to T+1 settlement mechanism.

Now in case of a holiday, trading or settlement, during the week the pricing of LIQUIDCASE the day before such event will factor in the accrual for that holiday period. Eg lets say Wednesday is a holiday so on Tuesday the product will be priced to include accruals for Tue+Wed. Hope this clarifies.

8 Likes

… LiquidCase can’t be unpledged instantly. We need to place an unpledge request first. This makes the users to miss an opportunity of entering other trades.
@VishalJain any plans to make it as an instant unpledge asset??
@Meher_Smaran

1 Like

Exactly, been hunting the forums for an update but not replies yet. @nithin

Hi @Santhosh9 @Anuj_Sharma1

Checking with the team on this. WIll update the thread once I hear from them.

1 Like

I moved 20L to LiquidCase from NiftyBees 15 days back. I have been closely monitoring few of my favourite stocks to reach a good entry point. Yesterday, I got an opportunity. So, I tried to sell some quantity of liquid case. To my surprise, the system was asking me to keep an unpledge request :frowning: I lost the opportunity and today the stock was up by 3% :frowning:
@Meher_Smaran please let us know ASAP. If instant unpledge is not possible with Liquid case, I should revert my decision of keeping money in the Liquid case. Will be waiting for your response. Thanks in advance.
@nithin @VishalJain

1 Like

Agreed. Been a long time coming, was pitched to us as just a backend update thing and would be done. But timelines have elapsed, no real progress at least visible.

I have been literally begging for this. :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Hi, @Meher_Smaran any update on this?

Hi @Santhosh9 @Anuj_Sharma1

We’re very close to taking this live. The Devs are actively working on it.

Don’t wanna give an exact date this time as we’ve missed previous dates due to prioritizing other key projects. We will complete this one and announce it next time. :smiling_face_with_tear:

@Jason_Castelino @SpacemanSpiff @VijayNair and all others who are looking forward to it from months, Really Sorry for the delay. :pray:

2 Likes

Got it. So, it is still at Dev. It will go to testing once Dev is completed. Once testing is completed, then it will come to users. so, not in near future :frowning:

@Meher_Smaran thanks for the update.

1 Like

i know there is pressure to add features, but i am ok with with some delay if it means that things get tested better and i don’t face issues live.

Stability = Most imp for me.

Hi @Meher_Smaran ,

In the portfolio holdings on kite, I see the LIQUIDCASE always from BSE, but not the highest traded price in both the exchanges. Is this correct ? Should it be showing the highest traded price on either exchanges ? Thanks for your response.

Hi @Deva1 ,
I am also wondering about this , not only for this script but also for many others too .
This is my understanding and this may not be correct info though. The last purchase is from BSE or NSE it will show the price from it . But I am not 100 perc sure about it . Only devs can confirm …