Alternatives to Zerodha for Frequent F&O Trading

Not sure what to reply to your question @siva.

The details are already there in messages posted above. But to answer your question once again - I did not punch anything and did not place any orders. All I got was the standard prompt message that “Your order of XYZ futures has been completed” and the positions page got updated to “grey” with the realized loss.
Has happened twice - once on 9th Apr (when I raised the earlier thread), and then recently on 30June (this thread+customer ticket), and obviously may occur again.

First, your customer support is horrible, and now you too seem to be taking the same usual route of the past problems/issues reported on this forum which typically goes as: Question-> deny → defend - > take as feedback/suggestion → delist.
Let’s see if this too meets the same fate instead of being properly addressed.

That’s what forces a customer to escalate, including to the competent authorities and regulators.

First you need to get in touch with the customer support team and report the matter. If no action is taken, follow the escalation matrix and get the issue resolved. Ultimately, you can change the broker.

I’m trying to reach the customer support team for an enquiry since 4 days…

We have to hold the call for 15 min later the call gets disconnected.

Can you give me ticket number?

You can create ticket for any issue.

Did you ever “get in touch with the customer support team”?
Do you know the escalation matrix (if at all something like that ever exist)? If so, kindly post it here for the benefit of everyone.

BTW, due to lack of it, I had to raise the matter to the competent regulatory authority.

Can you give me your ticket number? if I am not able to help you can tag Nithin here, he is the ceo of Zerodha.

I’ve been an admirer of the communication skills of nithin and yours, but writing well alone never solves a problem!

With all due respect Sir, tagging someone is NOT an escalation matrix.
Is it a confirmation that there is no escalation matrix at Zerodha, and it was correct to raise the matter to the concerned authority without wasting much time.

Is sharing ticket no. publicly, and tagging the CEO on a public forum the only way to get a resolution from India’s largest broker? Aren’t such requests an open invitation to everyone to start putting personal (trading) details on this public forum for any complaints they may have?
Also note - I have refrained from posting (copy-pasting) the responses received from your customer support on this thread.

Based on the communication style observed on all previous problems/issues/suggestions posted on this forum, it seems to be going the standard way: Question, Question, Question, then (Deny → Defend → label as Feedback/Suggestion → Delist the Thread).

(Sorry if the above sounds impolite, but then it should also indicate the gravity of the stated problem which has recurred twice causing losses, and will recur in future as well)

7 days gone - that futures position is already in good profit after loss was forced. Some accountability is expected.

[quote=“sseth, post:29, topic:113405”]
Is it a confirmation that there is no escalation matrix at Zerodha,
[/quote

You can message me , no one can see that, if not you can email me @ [email protected].

Yeah…now I need to keep writing.

It has been 7+ days, and I need to keep writing.

I write to helpdesk, I write to online forums, I write to incorrect email addresses as they provide, and I need to keep writing.

The helpdesk is in their control, this online forum is in their control, their trading system is in their control, and one needs to keep writing because they have no understanding, and no accountability at all!

Keep up the good work!

You might want to handle this with a bit more grace. If you didn’t place any order to close your position and it got automatically squared off, then your margin was not enough. If you had enough margin then system cannot automatically place order and you can check who/why that order was placed. Otherwise I followed your thread. It looks like you were blaming the UI default settings initially and suddenly your problem is somehow automatic order placement and finally ticketing system is a problem.

My guess is you wanted to place a limit order for your loss instead you sent a market order that squared your position. And you want something to blame. Correct me if I’m wrong

2 Likes

Your calculations are incorrect.

1. Fyers: You can not included the Stamp duty charges which is 52. This will make it same as zerodha
  2. Alice: You can chosen order as 1, where as it will be 2 (1 for buy and 1 for sell).

after correcting for these error what you will notice is that Fyers and Zerodha have the same cost. Alice is cheaper in brokerage by 5rs per order and transactions charges Rs 300/crore but it charges you 3000 or 3500 per crore as clearing charges.

So for small turnover but large orders alice would be cheap, else Zerodha and fyers would be the most cost effective.

1 Like

Exactly…I too felt the same…UI default settings…then mid way changing to automatic order placement…or is it that I am missing something here…
Yes it has happened to me once, when I wanted to place a stop loss limit order but I placed a market order … it took me long time to understand what happened!!! but I learnt a lesson… :thinking: and then I repeated again after few months!!! Then again I learned a lesson…I stopped trading in Stock F&O, and now I do only Nifty Options… :grinning:

All you have to do is give me the ticket number, you can message me or email me if you really want to know what has happened. We process more than 7 million orders a day, there is nothing like orders getting placed automatically, we get few complaints once a while on this and almost all the times this happens for one of the below reasons.
1.Clients having pending order but forgot about that and closed from positions.
2. Similar to above, having pending GTT and we show nudge also on order form if they try to place any order on that contract.
3. Maybe sharing credentials with someone else.
4. RMS closing for not having enough balance.
5. Maybe by mistake order is punched, we all are humans so mistake can happen.

1 Like

Hi.
bottom-line, Kite is one of the best platform in terms of robustness and data management/display, if it is not good enough then I’m sorry my friend you’ll not find any other better. My personal experience zerodha is transparent in terms of what they charge and has a robust tech backing it. brokerage is just an additional advantage not the only reason to maintain account with them.
Now coming to your first point -

1. I disagree for pop-up as it would complicate things for people who have connected to zerodha using sensibull or streak executing mkt order or otherwise prefer it this way, not to have pop-up9includes me). you ought to be careful while placing order (one can’t get back to wooden knifes to cut vegetable since steel knife may hurt fingers . pun intended :slight_smile: )
  2. Now coming to your position being exited without your consent. This may occur if your margin falls to negative which generally happens in a sudden movement where the volatility has shot up and your margin is inadequate to hold those positions, but natural any broker will clear it as market order without your consent (well technically you have given your consent at the time of account opening) .
  3. or we can have a case specific analysis for everyones benefit if you can share fund statement and trade log for that given day .

Regards
Parthasarathy C

1 Like

They cant even tell if it was a market order or if it was a limit order. And if it was an order after all.

1 Like

You’re not alone my friend.
Somewhere on the top of this thread, another user has shared the following:

Dont want to speak on his behalf, but unless a person goes through such experience, they won’t have such workarounds.
You’ve got company!

@siva
You’ve deleted the message in which I posted a screenshot of the email getting bounced from the so-called escalation email address you provided.
zerodha-mail-error

Extremely rude and unprofessional!

You’ve also edited your message to remove the escalation email-id (instead of updating it to correct one). And also deleted the messages of the user “durggesh” who attempted to provide the correct email-id.

All these “questions” asking for ticket no. are merely a formality to get this thread marked closed/delisted with a standard formal one-liner in defense.

That’s how you plan to solve the problem!? Great Job Sir!

If I really want to unlist I can do at beginning only when you have written negatively about us, point here is to know what happened to you and to guide you in the right direction if you are mistaken or if the fault is from us then we want to correct it. Many others are also participated by giving their 2 cents, they are not from zerodha, they are our clients. I have edited my message immediately after knowing we have stopped accepting emails to that.

Coming to your issue, if you can let me know your ID or ticket number I can get it checked what exactly happened to you, if you are not satisfied with the reply you can post it here.
Clearly it shows you don’t have any intention to know the reason is and I don’t want to drag it anymore.

1 Like

@siva - You always come out as the first line of defense on this forum. I dont know what your precise role at zerodha is (I got the impression that you are on the product side of the trading system). But given all the info that has been repeatedly posted (like trade dates) and you being the admin, is it really difficult for you to find the ticket no. and keep holding up asking for that?

You are the one who provided an incorrect typo email for escalation, then you delete that message instead of correcting the email to right one, then you also delete the message of other user who try to provide the right one, and now you state that “we have stopped accepting emails to that
And even after stating that, you still haven’t mentioned any mechanism for escalation.

By abstaining from it, Quite a few times on this thread you have Indirectly admitted that there is no escalation mechanism for a customer at Zerodha. The only recourse was to approach the regulators to file a formal complaint.

When you say “I can get it checked what exactly happened”, you simply will again ask the same team, and they will respond the same way. Ticket has been reopened and closed some 5-6 times.
Irrespective, when your “official” helpdesk is providing “written” responses which are nothing concrete, what could be expected other than a mere formality of standard response on a public forum? A formal response from a designated channel is expected on such matters, but ticket gets closed instantly after each follow up.

Just note, an active customer of several years won’t start complaining randomly. I’ve suffered bigger losses in the past on my own, but these two instances are NOT mine.