Angel one sucks, stay away from this broker

Angel one sucks. They have plans called sub-broker and charge very high for every buy and sell of shares. They have fooled my family member for a long time and kept charging like 300 to 400 Rs Brokerage.

They have not even specified their sub brokerage plan anywhere on the website.

Please stay away from Angel one. Their support is dam rude, their website hangs all the time and they have a lot of hidden brokerage plans and fool their customers. They have Angel in their name but behave like the devil

3 Likes

Haha, this is funny.

4 Likes

That is how full service brokers work. Are you new to the world of share broking?

2 Likes

Not anymore. Here is how Full service Bank Brokers have changed compared to what they were.

Kotak Securities
No brokerage for people ā€œUnder 30ā€ for everything.
For others, no brokerage on intraday and 0.25% for delivery. F&O at Rs 20 per order. No interest on F&O margin if you pledge Liquid funds.

HDFC Securities
Pre paid plans that make it 0.1% for delivery. F&O at Rs 20 per order. No interest on F&O margin if you take their annual plans (costs less than 200 per year).

Since when did full-service brokers start charging so much? They have charged 400-500 Rs for each buy-sell CNC transaction. They fooled a senior citizen with % brokerage plan when they have 0 brokerage plan available for CNC orders.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve been charging like this only since forever.

Example of how they charge(IIFL) ā†’ 40 qty sell, 257 rupees. (FOR Delivery)

@Vij Most still charge like this to make money from the uninitiated. Just because a few have changed, the entire industry does not have to change.

1 Like

Itā€™s time for us to stop using brokers like Angel one who charge high for no reason. There are many options out there that can save a lot of brokerages.

1 Like

Percentage based brokerage made sense during the days of physical certificates and open outcry system of trading. Itā€™s because larger the size of order, the harder the broker had to work to fill the trade.

Now, in the times of electronic trading, the effort required doesnā€™t change because the broker is only providing a platform and the cost of maintaining the back office and exchange membership fees remains the same irrespective of whether the client places an order for 1 lac or 1 crore.

The target market of these ā€˜full service brokersā€™ is still the older generation who arenā€™t so tech savvy and need an RM to chat with and execute their orders.

3 Likes

donā€™t go with whatā€™s stated on websiteā€¦brokers have hidden charges tooā€¦earlier i had tried kotakā€¦they are pathetic with their system & charge u on things not stated anywhere. Zerodha & fyers in my view r the best in india.

What I truly like about Zerodha is their integrity.

1 Like

Is that your perception or have you measured it ?

Iā€™ve been with them since 2014, so itā€™s personal experience plus whatever Iā€™ve read about them.

Do you mean they have not committed fraud. Is that your only standard? I am just curious - My experience is good with Zerodha; but how do you personally quantify ethics?

You canā€™t. Itā€™s a very qualitative trait. Canā€™t measure in terms of numbers or units. But, personally I find their owner to be very humble.

3 Likes

If you are following Nithin (through blogs,forums, interviews) from Zerodhaā€™s early days then you would know about integrity and ethics.

1 Like

yes some times they provide margin amount without our permission and they return back huge amount

Imo, one should be prepared to pay high charges if using a full service broker. If you arenā€™t comfortable paying hefty fees, then you could try some low cost options like finvasia, zerodha, groww, etc.

Now a days many full service brokers have also launched their discount broking platforms which have a pricing similar to Zerodha.
Angel trade i prime by Angel One
5 Paisa by IIFL
Edelweiss Lite by Edelweiss
Espresso by Sharekhan

1 Like

As of now ā€˜Dhanā€™ looks like the best competitor for Zerodha product wise. Most of the discount brokers will slowly vanish.

I think the reason why people like Zerodha is Kamat brothers are maintain transparency in business and their communication. They are based out of Bangalore which is silicon valley of India where they pyritized technology first and then profits.
If you look at other full time legacy brokers, they had and have exactly reverse priorities. All legacy brokers are based in Mumbai which is not a techno savy city - people are still doing low return on investment studies such as B.com M.com etc.
Anyways, legacy grandpas will keep on bashing around the commission and losing their businesses over the period of time