Annualised return should be included

please include annualized return in coin

I’m assuming you are talking about annualized return of the fund. This is already present -

Thank you Karthik, I was talking about Annualized return in COIN portfolio.

1 Like

I personally believe we shouldn’t because it might completely distort the true picture and one might get carried away easily with annualized return . For example if one fund somehow managed to give return of 5% in one week after it is bought then it’s annualized return will be 5% * 52( considering 52 weeks in a year) which is 60% which is not reasonable under normal conditions.So, I personally believe giving this option is not adding any rational value.

in order to avoid that, a condition can be added for example, annualized return for over 1 year only. like they do in Money control and other comparing sites.

I’ve had my MF investments in FundsIndia which shows annualised return only for investments that are more than one month old. That’s a very useful feature and I think it can be added to Coin portfolio.

One more thing: Kite > Holdings > Mutual Funds has a column for “Day’s Change” which is pretty useless as I haven’t seen any figures in it so far.

2 Likes

Yes, its a very good feature provided by others. Like if you invest over 1+ years then annualized return make more sense than absolute return. Like am I making 10% per year or absolute value may not give me that perception. Please include that column in dashboard.

1 Like

I believe this column will make perfect sense if one buy at initial time T and leave it for year and above but there will be many cases where one will not invest the whole sum in one shot, one may do sip(weekly,monthly,quarterly,half yearly) then these annualized returns give distorted perception to actual returns.

If any fund is making profit of 10% in one month then in annualized return column it will show return of 120% which according to my personal view doesn’t add any value and in fact misrepresent the true picture.

Day’s change in kite holding provides valuable info for equity stocks, for Mutual funds you can ignore it.

I would suggest you give both absolute return and XIRR. Absolute returns also in times misleading as if you don’t remember all the details like period of holding and go by just the absolute value. PLEASE INCLUDE XIRR as an additional.
In a mutual fund SIP, XIRR is a function in Excel for calculating internal rate of return or annualized yield for a schedule of cash flows occurring at irregular intervals.

1 Like

Actually XIRR makes more sense than absolute returns for investment made over time (at irregular intervals, but works even for regular intervals). I suggest Coin Dashboard to display XIRR (annualized return of my investment) besides P&L (absolute returns) for each MF.

2 Likes

totally agree! request include this feature!

Highly needed feature. Meanwhile, do you know any other free site where we can easily track? simplemoney.in is good but needs access to all our email and contact information