Anybody Made Profit/Loss Today?

Anyone Made Profit Today?
I don’t wanna know the amount and please don’t post any screenshot.

Just wanna know how you made profit today and Stock or Index in which you traded today.

1 Like

Well, I made profit today in nifty future.

@Baidurya_Sarkar Can you share on what bases you took this trade?
Are you a regular Index Trader?

I have not done any future trade in any Index.

my BTST

14 Likes

Derivatives seems to be profitable for you @haribabu.

I have a question why you not Traded in BHARTIARTL, INFRATEL, VEDL today?
Just out of curiosity question.

BHARTIARTL & INFRATEL are in super strong Uptrend and chart Showing more rally.
Tomorrow Gap-Up Opening in both colud have given you more Good profit.

those stocks are not in my watch list. I follow select few stocks where good volumes on regular basis and not much news flow expected. like Heromotors, Maruti, HDFCbank, HDFC, BEL, SBIN, ICICIBANK and some FMCG stocks.

I want to stick to NIFTY slowly avoid individual stocks.

I don’t trade in CASH market.,

2 Likes

So you trade with nearly 4 lakhs then!!

I Only trade in Cash market for overnight positions and only hold it for 1 night next morning I sell it before 9:30 AM.

In futures I trade Intraday. Lots size are bigger that’s why I don’t take Overnight positions in Futures.

higher capital better profitability. some times averaging work well. for this you need higher capital.

also higher capital allows you to set higher stop loss means less fear. I don’t set stop loss.

Learning to trade without stop loss is my Ultimate Goal. That is What Institutional do. use Hedging method instead of stop loss
this allows you to take positional trades. positional trading is more profitable than intraday. So for Hedging method you need higher capital.

Most of the time I take Long trades only. Shorts only for intraday short duration.

If you do same thing every day you will become expert,. so follow few stocks daily that is enough instead of searching gold in sea.

Nifty Futures is even safer for multiday positions. I am doing it now. Took both long and short 3 lots each. I exit at appropriate time.

this avoids setting stop loss and you can go for walk with out fear. Another advantage is very little Margin for this method. about 30k. but your account should have at least 100k.

8 Likes

hedging means you buying puts for longs ?
on what basis you choosing strike price?
please explain with example how you hedge instead of stop loss and how you calculate maximum risk per trade

I made profit today by shorting Dmart today

:joy::joy: Dmart was recommended at cnbc for buy :arrows_counterclockwise:

1 Like

Hedging with Shorting Calls or Buying puts. That depends on Stock performance. Hedging is not Free, so decide to do hedge based on Risk . if you don’t see risk no need to Hedge. You can also buy puts two strikes above ATM of Short ATM Calls.

but this will give limited Hedging, so decide Long Puts or Short Calls

If you have doubt that It may go against then no need to look at that stock. Ignore it.

How I missed This opportunity :joy::joy::joy:

Nifty CE 11200. Did a class act, by coming down and then going up, letting everyone catch hold of it.

@utsav You took any position???

Took a long call on a call option. Bought @45 sold @66.

Congratulations :smiley:
How I missed this opportunity. :joy::joy:

I[quote=“Lets_Invest, post:15, topic:23112”]
:joy::joy::joy:
[/quote]

I think you wanna say Oh I am crying…
But you are using wrong emoji…
This is for crying due to laughing you guts out… or joy tears

1 Like

@maddy_Des I use this emoji to Show happiness :joy::joy::joy::joy: