Anyone here aware about physical shares of modern group companies - Modern thread, modern terry towel

Hello People,

2 years back I received some letters from some unknown person telling me that he can help my family with the modern group shares but we checked those company were not even listed then, but now I could see them listed but the problem is my dad doesn’t remember buying the physical shares of that company or may be misplaced. We are just assuming based on the letters of this person that we have it, is there a place to check or whom should I email to first get the physical shares and then converting it in demat

Contact the respective company’s investor team or their RTA. Additionally you can also physically walk into their HQ

1 Like

Contact the RTA with your dad’s PAN and maybe ask them if they can reference the list to see if your dad’s name is on there.

1 Like

I contacted the RTA with my dad’s name, coz I don’t think sharing PAN would make sense if shares were purchased in 1990’s and nobody had a pan card that time and thus won’t be in their records. But the thing is I haven’t got any reply from the RTA and I don’t know what to do now

If you don’t have PAN, in such cases ~95% chances are there that those shares have been either benefiting someone else or it has been transferred to the CC/IPF/Reserves.

More often than or, chances are, the beneficiaries are manipulated in case of junk companies.

Hope this helps. @varun_10

PAN is there, I meant something else but I get your point, I have reached out to RTA and not heard back from them, will wait for the same. Just not sure what to do if they don’t reply

Maybe contact NSE IPF. It might be there

in case of loss of certificate Best way to know your FOLIO no for physical shares is annual report of company /dividend warrant / any other correspondence which you do get at Your registered address given , if co is there , listed or unlisted.

you will not get response from RTA or company by name but require FOLIO no .

I understand but because we shifted we aren’t sure if anything was delivered at our old address and people staying there don’t care to return as we have asked them multiple times, that’s the reason I was finding an alternative, is there some other way to get the folio number ?

www.mca.gov.in might help . you may kindly observe and ask for list of shareholders on payment of nominal fee or you may ask list of non promoter shareholders from RTA/CO at a fee.

Thanks I will do the needful, thanks @aniln. You have always been a great help

1 Like