Approved list of Securities at Zerodha - Update Frequency

@Ananth

Thank you for this step.

However, just have few quick points on the same -

1. I think it should be without pagination like you have this.
  2. I think it should be scrappable so that IMPORTHTML of Google Sheets or Data Query for Table from HTML Source can easily access this data. Currently, Google Sheets or Excel is unable to fetch data.

Otherwise to get a list of stocks which is giving collateral margin more than say 80% in a single shot is almost impossible - Sample Use Case. You will keep on clicking next page and copy pasting the content 50 times. This is making things more difficult for certain use cases.

Also, on future iterations the following can also be integrated -

1. There should be separate column which clearly shows margin unavailability reason. Omitting the Yes/No column in the web page is not a good idea. There can be n number of reason including ASM and the cumulative effect of it should be captured separately in a column.
  2. Also if TM breach can show near field as discussed herein -

Just my genuine feedback for few of the use cases in which this data is instrumental.

@abhiwin123 Thank you for your suggestions, have forwarded it to the concern department and will make a enhancement accordingly.

Hey @abhiwin123 We have incorporated your suggestions and made the following changes:

1. We have added a download button where you can download the entire list of securities in a csv format.
  2. The only reason why margin availability is not available will be if the broker has reached the allocated limit. We have added notes explaining this and other things
1 Like

This is brilliant. And having Download CSV actually allows you to have the best of both the worlds. Thank you.

Can you please explain column H (broker limit) and column K (name), their respective units and formula used to identify broker limit reached. I think I can figure it out over a period of time but would prefer if it is clearly put.

Regarding the 2nd point, there is one more reason (apart from broker limit reached) when the collateral margin is unavailable and the stock is NOT pledgeable. This is when the stock is under ASM and has applicable margin rate 100%. To be frank this is not properly captured in the Google Sheet either - “Approved list of Securities at Zerodha”.

For Example, take AZAD ENGINEERING LIMITED (INE02IJ01035). You can recognize such stocks via NSE - https://www.nseindia.com/get-quotes/equity?symbol=AZAD wherein applicable margin rate is 100%.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 2.59.44 PM

If you see the same stock in Approved list of Securities at Zerodha - Google Sheets - It shows there is nothing wrong with it. And the Haricut is still 20%.

But when you try to pledge it - From console it says -

Interestingly, this stock is not visible at all at the moment in the newly designed web page for this. Can you please confirm if this is by design or omission.

@MohammedFaisal @Ananth Can you please get this ticket checked

There is a drop of close to 7L in my margin from non-cash component without any notice whatsoever.

Getting this checked, @Vidhya

@Vidhya - By any chance, do you have VEDL in FnO / Equity?

This is exactly what I am talking about herein -

Guessing from this email received -

Starting April 23, 2024, the scrip VEDL will be moved to Short Term Additional Surveillance Measure Stage 1 (ST-ASM Stage-I). Due to this, the margin requirement for F&O contracts of VEDL increase to 50% of the contract value.

Edit - Had a similar case … But now got a notification that it was an incorrect margin call. Not sure any more …

Hi @Vidhya

we’re sorry for the inconvenience. This should be fine now. Please check now.

Yes looks correct now.

@abhiwin123 - I only trade indexes, don’t touch stock fno much.

This Approved List should be downloadable as in there should be a link which can be accessed seamlessly and programatically (e.g. via curl)

Also, can you add similar downloadable link herein - Equity margins - Zerodha Margin Calculator.

Hey, the approved list of securities can be downloaded via the link directly.

So column H is broker limit & column E is member limit. If E-H <= 0, then it means that the broker limit has reached.