ARTI vs SEBI. Should ARTI go to court?

I guess because money is involved. And it kinda puts zerodha in bad light, letting people gang up against SEBI.

Just try getting peoples contacts, put them on a private group like whatsapp/Telegram. I am not sure about telegram because I am not familiar with it and there could be people like me. And then discuss the matters related to ARTI.

2 Likes

Yes makes sense.

Please support us everyone. Itā€™s for your own good.

1 Like

Hi @ Avi bro u r so innocentā€¦ u r not getting what is going on???

I know whatā€™s going on. Maybe I am a fool. But i cant believe you guys canā€™t support me despite the fact that most of us donā€™t like sebi. A winner must think of how the world should be not how it is. You voted no I guess. But please I beg you. Support us. I am not asking for much. Only for support on a democracy. If people can come together for other causes then why not this. I know our cause is right.

3 Likes

But only my support canā€™t help u to achieve u r targetā€¦Iā€™m not agent of sebi but I would like to assure u nothing big is going to happened please concentrate on u r tradingā€¦

I canā€™t trade under these rules. I stopped trading already. But I think we need to fight at least. Thereā€™s no downside after all. And now even a single funder matters a lot. So please help us. No business wants that restrictions affect his return on investment. And these rules are doing that exactly. Everyone is affected. Thatā€™s why. Donā€™t succumb to whatā€™s wrong. Help us.

2 Likes

Everthing is worthless before general elections bro.

I am unable here to talk publicly what can happen in future if we go to court and only u will have to suffer for all this. May b u donā€™t know me but I know u since first day of this movement.

I donā€™t see any downside or anything wrong with voicing our opinion. I canā€™t be a sheep that is constantly shoved by the shepherd.

I donā€™t care. And probably now is the time to create a ruckus because that would affect elections.

1 Like

Any way my account will b deleted from this site at any time as I requested to moderator bhuvanesh to delete my account.I will try my best to help u .

A leader/administrator is needed.

1 Like

Yup, and unless I see a suitable person at the top, I am afraid, I wonā€™t be of much help either. We would be fighting against a statutory body and I donā€™t think I would be doing that without proper protection.

Yes it might affect me, but Iā€™d rather wait and see first what rules are promulgated and what is the response of people. It might keep me out of market for a while but I am ready to wait.

I really donā€™t have enough resources to get involved. So I would like to be excused. Also, this is affecting my trading, so I would rather focus on it while I can.

Showing dissent is one thing, actually fighting it out in court is another.

I am also a bit confused about supporting this. It is kind of right thing to do. But there are just too many variables to consider. And I am not sure how the government will respond. It has the power to do a lot of things and I wouldnā€™t want to be in itā€™s cross-hairs.

P.S. If you play chess, you know you always keep your pieces covered when you make a move, else it is game-over for you.

1 Like

The main problem in organizing a protest will be this:

1. 90% of F&O traders are at loss and they donā€™t worry much about sebi restricting retailers
  2. Most of the people(out of the remaining 10%) who are making good money wouldnā€™t have reported their correct F&O profits in their IT returns over the past several years.

Beware, you are trying to fight against Government of Indiaā€™s stand.

Also, I repeat this once again. Forget protest, first ARTI members should atleast try to meet at a common place.

1 Like

I kept quite for sometime, but I have to say this. You are a bit scared person. All the things you mention are valid points, but they all are mostly ifs and buts. A project/endeavour sometimes collapses because of people with shaky feet. Mind you, I am not talking about dare devilry. This is actually weakness I should say. People who decide upon a certain thing and barge ahead (after making necessary calculations,as much as possible) with faith in themselves are the ones who actually get something done. If this wasnt true, there would never have been something called ZERODHA ! You would have been doing some other job instead of trading. I know all this because I am an entrepreneur. You have to take RISK to go places. @Avi_Garg is trying to do that. Wish him well and bow out gracefully. You can stay on the sidelines if you want to no problem.

EDIT : What is govt ? They are servants of people. Whenever people have become furious, govt has bowed down always. I have plastered all over the internet the choicest words for modi, Even before they come after you, they will be taking me down first. So dont worry. Whatever is happening is injustice to small traders. We have to fight this. And we are not AMFRI, we are in millions.

5 Likes

I think 90% is a myth. Most probably the number is somewhere near 50%. Even if it is true, they will surely complain about high contract size.

This is not only about ITR.

So ? Do you think we are planning to assassinate the PM ? We are only trying to explain ourselves. It is our right ! And I am sure if we have good enough numbers, govt will bow out.

I agree to this. And I think if we dont encounter anymore naysayers, this will happen for sure.

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s every game. Thatā€™s life. 10% succeed and 90% lose. That everyone experiences when they are in school. Like there are a few toppers and rest are average or failures. Itā€™s natural and it has been like that forever. But it doesnā€™t mean trading itself should become harder. What good does it serve? Itā€™s making it harder to participate and to be profitable if you do participate. You still arenā€™t doing anything that can prevent losses, only making it less impactful but at the same time whatā€™s the point of doing that if you are making it harder to make a profit at the same time. Thatā€™s why people should care. To have a game, to have a market that is profitable.

I am not afraid of the government. People make all sorts of jokes about the government. This is a democracy. I canā€™t be afraid of what everyone put together and created to serve us.

And one more thing. The difference in strength? What about it? Do you think I should give up just because they are stronger.

And meeting in person is not necessary. Things happen that way globally. Support can be given through a lot of ways.

Having said that, please do consider supporting us. I know you can. Iā€™ll be waiting.

2 Likes

Whatever you say. But I have had been in couple of real protests before. Got bruised and abandoned. So once bitten twice careful.

I already said it is a right thing to do, but I donā€™t want to play blind. You people seem to be young to me so go ahead and do what you feel you really want to do. The secret to success is the enthusiasm with which a goal is approached but not resourcefulness or power. If you just keep your enthusiasm alive you will win.

If I would be with you I might actually slow you down, by trying to secure everything before something is done.

Infact a few days ago I just had thought of stealing the association name by registering it and file a writ petition all by myself but then I thought I am not ready enough to do this.

If I want to do something. I donā€™t wait for other peopleā€™s permission or acceptance. So if I am not ready, your criticism wonā€™t affect me either.

I never base my judgement on what has happened, what is happening elsewhere etc. There can simply be no comparison to anything but what my true problem is and how it can be addressed.

So no need for association, no need for money, no need for lawyer, infact no need for SEBI or even stock market. But, What is my goal, what I can give to achieve it, what costs I am ready to pay etc. If you think like this, you may find 1000ā€™s of solution than being single minded about wanting to go to court. What if I simply file a habeas corpus against SEBI. Do you think I will need any of the social jamboree to do that. It might get thrown, but If I work right and get it accepted, the SEBI rule will fly right into thin air.

So you take your approach to this fight, I shall take mine.

2 Likes

I donā€™t attest to whatever you said. All of it is meaningless. The only thing meaningful is, SEBIā€™s rule will be hurting me and it must get reviewed to address the same (be not hurtful to me). There are fundamental rights and laws for everything, which work for me as well. And being an Indian citizen those rights and laws apply to me as well.

If I think I am being wronged I have all the right to voice myself against it or take appropriate action to protect myself. In there nobody can come in between. So donā€™t give me the problems, just tell me, how much you really want it.

If you want it badly enough, you will get it for sure.

2 Likes