As i am going through varsity materials, I am currently in the technical analysis module 2. I have an idea for day trading only. Do i need to go through all the modeules in order to day trade?

I am a graphic designer. i am used to softwares but i lack knowledge in finance and stock trading. varsity provides me a lot of information abt stock trading and finance. for day trading priority of the modules?

The more knowledge you gain the better. Even though you may not chose fundamental analysis as your trading style, but go through it at least once. Gain knowledge about Risk to Reward ratio, draw-down, hedging. These are the terms that technical analysis alone cannot not teach you. So learn as much as you can.

1 Like

It would be better for you if you complete all the modules before you start trading.

Even then, do extensive paper-trading before deploying huge sums in the market.

1 Like

Thank you sir.

thank u sir.

for intraday technical analysis woud be enough… but more knowledge is always better… watch marketgurukul videos on youtube it will defnately help you alot.

Read all the module on varsity, them develop few methodology/ strategy, start with small capital say 20000, trade until it wipe out. then analyze every trade & find the reason why you made profit or loss.
again add 20000 start trading & avoid mistake made at the first time, then analyze every trade & find out any new type of mistake if you made.
continue to do this untill you lose 1lakh & write down all the mistake you have made. Loss is the best teacher. you can afford to make lots of mistake with small amount before doing full time trading & learn from them and set specific rule & become disciplined.

then study all the books on Risk management, position sizing & trading psychology. some book you need to read 2 3 times like trading in the zone, atomic habit, Best Loser win , thinking fast & slow etc.
Focus on trading bias & study on this.
Read market Wizard and compare common mistake mentioned in this book with mistake you have made.
read more books like reminiscence of stock operator, power of subconscious mind etc.
if you able to gain maximum knowledge then read all books of Al Brooks.

Final word - To become day trader you dont need to know everything. main thing is never risk 1% of your capital in single trade. never overtrade, Hold & add to your winning position, cut loss quickly without hesitation.