Asking for advise @ nithin sir

hello sir, i am a b.tech student in 3rd year and got rs 15000 for buying a mobile phone.but i opened an account in zerodha for investing that money two day ago.but using full margin in BO i lost rs 2000. now i am willing withdraw the remain money.what do i do?please suggest.and it will be better for me if you tell me your first trading experience.
and last thing is zerodha varsity is enough for starting the trade? please reply.
thank you.

1 Like

Hmm… what do I tell u…

1. Yes varsity is more than enough to get started. But you have to spend time to learn.
  2. If you are looking for easy money, stock market is not the place. It seems easy, but is extremely tough. You need patience, skill, determination, and more.
  3. The biggest recipe for disaster is taking excessive leverage on every trade. It is important to know when to bet big, if you keep betting big on every trade, the chances of blowing out are extremely high.

So yeah, if the above doesn’t fit in your scheme of things, best to withdraw money and buy that mobile phone.

5 Likes

thank you for reply.
but i don’t want to come after spending a full semester on researching on market.and you are right i took excessive leverage for easy money.but from now my investment will be low and only in cnc as a beginner.
Right???

My friend it is important what do you want to be?? investor or trader…if you are using margins then definitely you want to be trader…if is it so then take out Rs 12000 from your trading capital…just keep Rs 1000…now learn trading techniques and take live trades using those 1000 bucks…set daily stoploss limit of 5% of your trading capital…stop trading for the day when you cross it…start practice with tiny amount…do mistakes…learn from them…gradually increase your capital…

@Soorajmishra Sir, you are right in telling about the 5% stoploss thing…
But, what can he buy of Rs. 1000?

@sudesh 1000 INR leveraged = 10000 INR. The trader could buy 100 number of Shares less than 100 INR and wait for a 1 rupee move. Which gives a 10% return while they are learning the markets.

1 Like

@shu As a beginner you should better go with CNC (investor) as it is less risky compare to the intraday (full marzin). About varsity, it is the best platform provided by the Zerodha to the beginners and as well as for public. According to my knowledge don’t go for trade in intraday, if you not giving time to analyse the market and technical charts. This is your first experience , you learned something.

yes …Mr portfolioplus911 is right…I am talking about Bracket orders…you can get more leverage by using BO…Its just for practice…quantities dont matter…when he perfects trading, he can increase his trading capital…

“once bitten, twice shy”

Losing 13% of the capital on a single Bracket Order, I don’t think the trader is ever going to use it again.

I want him to keep 5% daily loss limit…I know emotions dont allow it…!! but this is how I learnt to save my capital for next trading day…!!:grin:

1 Like

thanks to all for your precious advise.but there was an another problem.when i was going to place BO, the trailing stoploss can’t be placed in some point value.suppose i want to short 1000 shares of bankbaroda at 167.20. breakeven point is 0.09.i want to put trailing stoploss at 0.50.but minimum trailing stoploss is 1.now my question is why so happens?

Well in that case go for Ticks instead of Absolute…1 tick= 0.05 points…so for 0.50 points you will have to place 10 Ticks…but remember all Target, stoploss and trailing stoploss should be in ticks only…

hlw sooraj sir , i can’t understand this tick process.can i apply it on kite or pi. if do so, please upload a screenshot of placing an order or there is any video on youtube please upload the link. i shall be very gratefull to you

here is a another question can short share in cnc?

http://zerodha.com/z-connect/tradezerodha/zerodha-trader-software-version/bracket-orders-trailing-stoploss-sl

You can go through this article to know more about Bracket order and use of ticks etc…

While this is vedio published by Zerodha itself for use of Bracket order…

You cannot use ticks on kite only on pi…
better you read and practice and you will understand better…
and Yes you can short using CNC order but you will have to buy it back before market is closing…:slight_smile:

1 Like

hlo, mishrasir now i am facing problem with triggered stoploss. so, i cannot book profit properly.
please help me and give some suggestion.