Auction orders on Kite (beta)-Selling holdings in the auction market

When you buy a stock on Monday, the seller’s broker is required to make payin to the exchange latest by 10.30 AM on Tuesday. If there is a short delivery, the exchange conducts the auction on the same day between 2 and 2.30 PM.

Good afternoon…
If I sell the shares through auction, and then buy those shares the same day, what would it be considered in context of charges?
Intraday trade?
Equity delivery trade?
What all charges will be applicable?
Please guide.
Thanks.

Hi @Hardeep ,
These will be treated as 2 separate delivery trades and delivery charges will apply.
Both the trades won’t netoff.

Hi, Where can I see today’s auction volume and prices for all shares. Not only the ones I hold in my holding.

This is not available to view as of right now. We’ll consider adding to the market watch in the future to track, it is not possible right now due to technical limitations.

I had done short selling of ireda 2000 qty and it went to UC. My loss was -9k on the day ,I was told I will get delivery of stock and margin was blocked. Three days passed nothing happened. I didn’t even see anything in my auctions tab. Now zerodha says me I have a loss of 40k in my pnl, that too after telling them it’s been three days but nothing is showing up in my account. How can I trust zerodha what it does in the background and my loss goes from -9k to -40k ,it doesn’t have any answer. It gives me copy paste standard answer always. When customers have no clarity or visibility im sure zerodha does a lot of things in the BG which we aren’t even aware of!!

2 Likes

Hi @K_T, sorry you had this experience.

As @Ragavendran_M explained to you here:

Could you please provide me the ticket number? I’ll have someone from the team reach out and explain this to you.

How can I verify if my short sell auction happened on next day? How can I verify my contract note on NSE?
@ShubhS9 @TheGouda

That’s what my worry is. I don’t need ticket numbers. I need visibility of the auction. Good point.

1 Like

Yes, still no visibility from Zerodha side

1 Like

@MohammedFaisal the auction list GSheet is not updated this week. could you update it as was being done earlier.

Checking this, @Lakshmikanth_Jadhav. Will get back to you on this.

1 Like

@ShubhS9 Thank you Shubham. It was updated today. Please ensure that it is updated everyday as it helps us plan for auction market in advance.

1 Like

What is Gsheet?

Hey @K_T can you please message me in personal chat

Hey @k_t i am facing the same scenario and still no resolution, can we connect personally?

@ShubhS9 GSheet not updated today…FYI&A please

Hi @Lakshmikanth_Jadhav, we fetch the list on the sheet as well on the website whenever it is available on the exchange website. However, it looks like there was some issue with fetching this, we’re checking it.

1 Like

Hey @Lakshmikanth_Jadhav sir what is this auction Gsheet

@d_p hello, GSheet is Google sheet, Zerodha publishes the list of shares that will be part of the days auction…Auction market- List of stocks available for trade today - Google Sheets