Backtesting my manual strategy

I Do manual trading based on a pair of simple indicators.
Is there a feature like trading view where I can backtest straight from the chart? But I don’t want to pay :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Generally Trading view gives 30 days free trial.
Many times free trial is not visible on their web platform, but you can avail free trial from the play store app.

1 Like

you would either have to code yourself and test in amibroker.

or if you are like me from non IT background that you write every trade in a book and backtest month by month data from last 1-3 years.

I saw one video where they test strategy on amibroker, if you want to see it i can share with you

2 Likes

Share it, I want to watch.

Although I dont think their methodology is very usefull, as this particular strategy starting giving bad returns after few months of it being released in public.

And its impossible to take all the available trades, so whatever computer says the accuracy we should take it little less than that, not more than 60-70%.

Also markets dont move the same way they moved many years ago. So that is also one factor which could make any backtest invalid. We should have a solid strategy knowing and understanding the whole concept behind it, we should know the strategy in and out.

2 Likes

Use the New Chart to Backtest feature Bro. You get 10 @Streak backtests for free each day.

1 Like

Thanks, @Tradeinpeace you are correct.

You can use the kite chart iq Upgraded version and use the Chart to Backtest feature to backtest straight from the chart? You just have to select Chartiq 8 (beta) under settings from the kite. Refer to the below image-

Now you just have to plot the preferred indicators on the chart, then click on the Streak logo. Refer to the below screenshot:

Once you click on the Streak logo a strategy will be created by the system automatically and it will show you the backtest for the indicators combination that you have plotted.

10 backtest per day per user are free for now. If you want to backtest more than 10 times in one day, or if you want to edit the strategy as per your requirement, then you will have to Subscribe to the Streak platform. To learn more about CTB, please refer to this page

2 Likes

Thanks Bro this is nice

They ask for payment details beforehand I guess so they are going to charge anyways.