Basket order feature on Kite web - Testing & Feedback

Okay but if your system allows you could do it on expiry day or one day before when the OI is greater and when most of the rollovers take place

Normally on expiry days the range will be higher compared to other days.

Can you provide option to clone the basket. For example, I have made a basket to buy stocks. Now I want to make the same basket to sell the stocks. Cloning will help to the extent that I don’t have to add the stocks again and have to just edit to make changes. Thanks

Yeah, this is in our list of things to provide.

@nithin @siva
One suggestion, consider allowing rolling over of long hedge legs outside the range for monthly shorts at least on expiry day. Even Call and trade will be okey, if personal verification is required.

@nithin
This basket order gave me another idea - Can holding be segregated into baskets?

E.g. A user can create a basket called ‘Gold’ and add all SGB, Goldbees, etc from his holding in that basket. A user can create a basket ‘Short Term’ and add the scripts from his holdings which he wants for short term purposes only. Similarly, ‘Auto Sector’, HRITHIK, ‘Long Term’, ‘Retirement’, ‘Sister’s Marriage’, etc custom baskets he can create and add stock to them from his holdings manually.

Adding a new option ‘Baskets’ view in the Holdings dropdown box so the user can select it and see the basket view. His Gold basket has decreased by 2%. His Short Term basket has increased by 20% and so he may think to sell it and exit. And he can further expand the basket Short Term to know which one is down. And so with such a Basket view of holdings, he can see his portfolio in a different way. And plan buy/ sell GTT orders for the whole basket.

What do you think of the idea?

P.S @Anugrah may not like it as it sounds similar to creating a custom smallcase. But custom smallcase involves Rs 100 per smallcase to manage and track. A little difference is that with basket, user is segregating his existing holding only. It’s like arranging or organizing them better.

Will come in console first, later based on possibility will try on adding to kite.

Yes, but that require some additional approvals, in our list.

Hey @maddy_Des have you got any resolution for this problem. What is the way out plz share with me…

nope.

Continuing the discussion from Basket order feature on Kite web - Testing & Feedback:

@siva Can you throw some light on ‘include existing positions’ option in basket order

Already explained in original post.

If you want to check the margin requirements by including all your open positions which are not part of the basket, you can do so by selecting include existing positions. But if you select this, in some cases the required margin might show 0 whereas you might still require margin to place the order. The reason for this is because an order in the basket could potentially be reducing the overall margin, but it might require a margin to place the order. Keep this option disabled if you find it confusing.

I mean could you explain it citing screenshots and examples?

1 Like

It simply mean.
Suppose you have 10 lots of Nifty Longs.
Now if you put in 100 lots of Nifty Sell order in basket, it will show 10 lakhs+ as required margin.
But as soon as you click that including current position tick mark, it calculates margin to zero as you do not require any margins to exit your own 100 lots.
Understood?

@siva @ShubhS9

Want to report a bug.
Today after basket is executed one of the leg reported back failed status.
In a hurry I re-ordered the leg and when I was back to position book it showed twice the quantity.
Which means order was executed earlier only but it reported back wrong.
Lost nearly 2k in the process! :unamused:

Also few weeks back my full order got executed and showed as such in Trade book & order book but for long time it showed less quantity in position book. The issue automatically sorted out itself though.

Will look into this, also if you see any kind of unusual errors then please go to orderbook/position page before placing the same order again.

Is it possible that for a spread order — Buy order is executed at limit price but sell order is not executed because of limit price? or Basket means either all orders in basket or none? @shub

This can happen.

I am buying SBIN 1000 shares at a limit price of 192.6 and selling 1000 SBIN shares at a limit price of 192.8 on what order it will be executed. First Instrument is buy and Second Instrument is sell

Orders are sent simultaneously but in sequence, so your Buy order will be sent first and then Sell order.

Why you are putting Buy and Sell order for same scrip in the basket… The execution won’t happen in sequence, this will execute either of the orders depending on CMP.

How does brokerage is calculated in basket order for options? Does a basket order counted as one or as many lots or quantities added all coounted?