Basket order feature on Kite web - Testing & Feedback

Hi Zerodha team , @siva , could you please cosider the following in basket order ,

1. Is it possible to sort orders by alphabetical order
  2. is it possible to add difference percentage between trigger price and cmp ( like in GTT )
    3.maximize the window size
    Thanks.

Will check on this.

1 Like

@siva…can we have this excel export/import feature soon?

No, not any time soon. No ETA.

Not related to basket order. Let me know if I need to move this feature request to another thread.

It would be good to see scrip wise exposure, especially for option sellers.

For example, if a traders sells 2 lots of TataSteel 1000 PE at 10 and 3 lots of TataSteel 1000 PE at 5, displaying the total premium value at current market price[As a negative number, as this is sold options] would be helpful in deciding how much to hedge. Similarly, display total option premium value bought for a particular stock in positive value.

1 Like

Try betterKite Must have tool if you use Zerodha for options trading

You can see scrip wise exposure, roi, p&l. You can even group positions and see strategy wise exposure.

1 Like

Why would someone read from starting, if someone wants to read recent comment only.
Also dont you think in updated version old comment is already addressed.

1 Like

Hi Siva, Zerodha Team,

do you have a XLS based basket order import/export support as against the JSON based format? Kindly share if something is available.

Thanks

@siva i had asked for this feature long back, when is this going to be implemented? 1st of all there was no point giving json format which cannot be used easily

1 Like

Since Kite requires multiple fields including exchange instrument IDs(that are not available with the customer) in a basket, it wouldn’t be possible to allow CSV or XLS import yet.

The reason we have JSON import facility is to allow exported baskets(JSON baskets) from other accounts to be imported to your account. Read more.

@MohammedFaisal i’m from IT industry & if you can implement in json format then you can easily implement the same in excel format without any major coding so please don’t give excuses.

@nithin @siva for such minor requests like excel basket import/export & option chain implementation in kite why is zerodha not taking seriously & requests are pending for years…if you see responses from your team they keep saying it’s in pipeline which has no target dates.

Basket order SIP is an awesome feature. However, there are 2 major things missing:

1. Time of SIP starts from 9:30 instead of 9:00 or 9:15. When the market opens at 9:00 AM, logically, the first time option must start from 9:00 AM. I want to place order at 9:15 though, even that is not available. So, Please make the SIP start timing to 9:00 AM with intervals of 15 min so that I can place order at 9:15 AM

2. Daily SIP is what I am looking for. So, how about a daily or weekly SIP option…

@Ashish_Raj
I am achieving daily sip using the following setup to buy my daily basket. With the same logic, you can reduce the scheduled dates and do it for weekly.

1 Like

This is intentional. At 9.15 AM when the markets open is when the volatility is the most and also there are freak trades. We don’t want to be adding on to this by firing a large number of orders as basket orders at market open.

Daily SIP isn’t really something that people do or we have been requested for. But like how @jashjacob has mentioned above, you can maybe set it up in the way he has mentioned.

1 Like

Actually, I want to take benefit of this volatility and freak trades. Sometimes, you do get good prices in small caps in such volatility and freak trades. That’s why I need place orders at 9:00 AM and 9:15 AM daily. Because, I am taking a freak chance that may happen maybe with 1 stock in the basket in a month.

You may want this, but there will be 100 others complaining on this forum saying they were on the opposite end of the freak trade and zerodha screwed up.

If you use a facility and loose, How does Zerodha screw up? You don’t like it, don’t use it.

It is a facility that is already available - AMO, You can place order before 9:00AM. How different is AMO placing order at 9:00AM and SIP placing order at 9:00AM?

1 Like

Instinctively people will choose the market opening time. While you are thinking about just yourself, as a platform we can inadvertently end up being the reason for large spikes in freak trades if a large number of orders are placed at market opening. We are questioned by regulators and exchanges if freak trades happen through our customer base.

1 Like

If regulators nudge you, then yes, it is a challenge. What gave you an indication that the regulators might have a problem with this. They already allow AMO.

How about a nudge? Can that be an cure for the possible losses by the users? Or maybe allowing only limit orders and disallowing market orders during 9:00 AM and 9:15 AM? Just thinking about the possible solutions…

Otherwise, Please allow me to reiterate that you are already providing this facility in the form of AMO

Even with AMO, we had to move from 9.15 AM to 9.00 AM for the same reason.

We have thought about this quite a bit and decided not to do this.

1 Like