Basket order feature on Kite web - Testing & Feedback

hi,

I can execute 1-1 lot of sell-buy, sell-buy repeatedly to tackle OI restriction.

so can you come with some feature like the execution of this one by one
like after successfully selling 1 lot first then only buy 1 and repeat until specified/depending on the margin.

and also if you can you come up with some brokerage advantage to tackle OI restriction and repeated sell-buy order ?

May be try to break 1500 in to 500 or 750 and try.

@siva @nithin
Any Timeframe for resolving this OI issue. The solution is there, but off course @nithin do not want to go that way, as whenever its mentioned he simply ignores that part and reply on the rest of the matter. So any specific TF? Donā€™t tell us about ORBIS, and SEBI lifting restrictions on FIIs etc. That is not going to solve this issue and it feel sto be no more than electoral promises.
So any concrete TF?

Can do, wonā€™t do! actually?

2 Likes

Some guys here suggested solution. Nobody even told how its not feasible. Itā€™s was just ignored.

Ya. thatā€™s true.

Thatā€™s what we do, donā€™t we? Day in, day out.

They are worse. They are not even providing margin benefit at execution level. Full service brokers are like Sarkari Offices, Very hard and unwilling to change. They will just dismiss any progress. Dismissed Discount brokerage, dismissed new margining system. Idiots are blocking 20-30-40% premium over and above NSE margins for positional trades. Ab bolo!

1 Like

if new hedged margins are nse and sebi mandated ā€¦why are different brokers charging different margins? @siva

And I have multiple times shared my tickets etc with @siva. So you can clearly know who exactly I am. And I have said even during my id was censored and used to wait for mods to clear my comments I never used other ids.

I like zerodha , the platform i like . most of the thing i like in zerodha , nothing bad in my opinion

Hi Siva & Nitin,

First I would like to congratulate Zerodha for providing great trading tools. This basked orders is one such great feature.

But main problem with zerodha is OI limit issue. There are some issues with Orbis.
Equity is blocked in Orbis. I can trade only in F&O.

Suppose I moved to Orbis and I bought Reliance Future. I have NOT squared off by expiry date. Then it will be delivered physically. That means I have to buy Reliance shares. Since equity is blocked how can I buy? But NSE will deliver shares as per contract. Then who will buy? Zerodha or ORBIS?
Have ever considered this scenario with clients moved to Orbis?

Having said this, one will still stick to Zerodha despite having OI limit issue because no other broker is providing product as good as Kite.

Kite is elegence personified. Respsonsiveness unmatched.

Regards
Ramana murthy

2 Likes

As of now physical settlement of stock positions are not allowed for the clients trade through orbis.

As said by @Ragavendran_M our RMS will try to make sure there wonā€™t be any physical settlement case.

Dude, just change your broker for such positional trades. I did the same! that was the only solution to this headache!

I am a businessman. Will continue with zerodha, until I get some proper alternative. Which broker you are using now?

Selling first does not provide the new least margin benefits initially untill full execution and: no point doing it if u have more Lots and more legs .restricting otm can be solved by selling first but that takes away recent Sebi margin benefits for retailorsā€¦ Hope u are clear what I tried to convey when I said only solution is to not allow partial execution on basket orders

Why canā€™t u atleast list in bulletin or margin calculator or the new order window itself, which all strikes are not available daily real-time basis before sending it for execution and then rejecting it as otm not availableā€¦ Which screw up the option stratergy and endup cancelling all non failed orders in basket wasting brokerageā€¦ I know atleast 4 or5 who moved elsewhere only due to this painā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m also trading with zerodha only but for such far strikes positional trades where i could get stuck due to OI issues, i use Sharekhan/Angel/Alice.

Contracts allowed for trading are already displayed on Margin Calculator page.

Yes I see that. But my doubt is since OI buildup is dynamic throughout day how does zerodha knows or ensure such strikes available for week does not exceed limit and still rejections can occur during the day right?

1 Like

If you place order beyond range, it will be rejected and current range will be shown which is dynamic.

My point is why dont u show this dynamic strike limit change somewhere so that retailor see it and be aware of atleast 5 minute level atleast and does not end up getting a rejection of his basket order partiallyā€¦ Showing margin level details weekly allowed range is of no use as limits could change intraday minute levelā€¦ How else we know? Solving otm strike takes timeā€¦ Fine but atleast canā€™t u save retailor trouble until u solve by not ending up orders assuming itā€¦ I gave two other solutions also to make basket order not to be allowed partiallyā€¦that also saves retailor brokerage wastageā€¦3rd solution I said was to do validation before execution which also will helpā€¦ I really am not getting why would user be happy to get half of his orders through and fail otherā€¦ It is only painā€¦and there are such fans for it prompt and allow individual manual button to do itā€¦ If none of these below solutions are done the retailor has no real benefit from new sebi reduced margin benefitā€¦ It is denied at broker level in summaryā€¦(1)show user more real-time limit strikes changes,2)validate rejection strikes before execution 3)dont allow partial execution or prompt on rejection error and allow manual button for execution.
One or All of these can be done easily by zerodha if they want to really help customersā€¦

1 Like