Bearish engulfing pattern?

Learning TA, can this be considered a bearish engulfing pattern, last candle.
NATCOPHARM, daily chart, last trading day 13th aug

It is not a bearish engulfing pattern in the STRICTEST sense or a TExtbook definition as the open price of that last big red candle is less than Close of the prevjous candle. but with experience one learns the Sentiment which it is implying rather than textbook definitions.
That resembles more like a Belt-Hold pattern becaoz it is engulfing(nearly) two green candles.
And above all
…even if you considered it a Bearish engulfing pattern,it might not be effective as BE is most effective at the end of an Uptrend. This is forming after a downtrend.

2 Likes

Thank you, is this enough of a down move to call it is downtrend???

It Formed a Runaway Gap on 24-05-2021 breaking a very important resistance 0f 1000 both on Weekly and Daily timeframes, which is a very bullish sign. After that it is in a phase of consolidation because the down move is not supported by large volumes.
On weekly TF, 09-08-2021 candle formed a Gravestone Doji after Two widerange red candles with low volumes which signifies end of a downtrend. Also last weekly candle filled the Runaway Gap.
If you plot 30 ,40,50 and 60 DMA, you will see rhat all of them are intertwined suggesting an Impending Breakout.
I think if it Closes above 1050 with good volumes,it shd continue an upmove till 1189 Which will be a triple top and after that…who knows

macd, rsi both showing bearish on weekly

plot On Balance Volume on a Daily TF, watch that though Prices are declining from 8th july onwards, On balance Volume is Flat…infact has risen slightly means there is a divergence between Price and OBV…I think it is accumulating… Also , Pharma Index is outperforming Nifty on Ratio Charts.
… As I had written earlier,it will be a buy only if it closes above Pivot level 1050 with High Volumes