Behind stock movement there is an operator

How do stock operators accumulate shares without increasing price of stock for positional trading?.

I think this happens in illiquid stocks, where there are less number of shares to buy and sell, or stocks that come in lots, so the demand is very less as such stocks are not known to all. You can see that sometimes there are no trades at all for days.

For example, a stock gets sold in lots, 400 shares per lot, 2,00,000 rupees for a lot. A has 1 lot, B is his friend. C is a genuine buyer. A offers the lot at 2,20,000. Usually people don’t buy at the offered price for lots, they ask for a lot loss, as these are lots. So C asks for 1,80,000. B asks for 1,95,000.

A will not decrease selling price, C will not increase buying price. Time passes, time is 3.29 PM, A and B are in touch, A decreases his price to 2,00,000, B increases his price to 2,00,000. Lot is moved from A to B.

Does not happen the same exact way, but this is one possible way. A an B could be in the same room too, sitting next to each other :grin:

I have seen such small stocks. I wanted to buy one for investment, but it was in lots, did not have such money, so did not buy :grinning:

1 Like

Have you met any?