Best method of investing in NPS

Hello!
I’d like to know which Point of Presence (PoP) is best for investing in NPS for youngsters in 25-30 age group.

Can the PoP be a bank like SBI, or a mutual fund platform like Coin, ETMoney etc?
Please recommend.
Or can we directly invest on the NPS website: eNPS - National Pension System
?

Can we port from one PoP to another later on if our first choice is not good enough?

Also what would the charges be like charges per transaction, AMC fees etc?

1 Like

You know POP gives you extra charges. There’s no point paying extra . If you have registered with Protean NPS, just use eNPS web or app. No charges with debit and NetBanking .

yes you can.
If you do not have any specific compulsion, I would suggest to simply go with eNPS directly on NPS website

But Employer contribution is not possible via protean

I think you can switch between protean and Kfin? Ask your employer if that’s possible . I am not sure how many others are there .

my employer only provides option for ICICI POP and nothing else. And I work for a huge MNC with almost 2.5L+ Workforce.

Yes, no employer allows employee to choose their own POP. You have no option then, but to go with ICICI Pop.
I had to move from Protean to ICICI for same reason :slight_smile:

Actually all I had to give was my PRAN to my employer and they told me to choose HDFC pension fund . I can see their monthly contribution amount and I contribute via eNPS. I think I avoided paying extra unnecessary POP charges.

1 Like

Open directly with eNPS

good then I guess. But mine they said will be possible only if I join ICICI Corporate NPS Account.

Investing in NPS can provide long-term financial security with tax benefits and diversified portfolios.