Best Trading Course Recommendations Needed!

Hey traders,

I’m on the lookout for a top-notch trading course that covers everything from fundamentals to risk management. Any recent recommendations? Please share your experiences and tips for choosing the right course.
Btw I have already watched pushkar rj thakur’s trading playlist, so I already know all the basics and some intermediate topics as well.
Thanks in advance!

Best,
sparton

Me and 99% of the people in this forum will agree when I say this i don’t know anything better than this.

And you’d shouldn’t really take some YouTube trading “guru’s” tips and tricks too ssly and think yep now you have figured it all out.
Nobody has truly figured it out.

9 Likes

This is the best educational material available in market. But if you are looking to join any FURU trading course then God bless you.

1 Like

What live market can teach about trading is just simply incredible!

So don’t go for courses, if you want to master the skill and are ready to give around a year dedicated for learning, start watching live charts, observe how you can trade better, improve yourself, and just repeat and repeat.

Just observe neat and clean chart, indicators are trash. What you can learn from price is priceless. :v:

2 Likes
  1. 1y not enough imo to get any well tested edge for complete beginner.
  2. Someone starting from scratch is going to get lost just looking at charts. You need to have some structure to look at things if one is not a genius.
  3. There is no magic in price itself and not all indicators are useless. Ultimately, test and use what works over large sample of data across different market conditions.

Look up Adam H Grimes, he has free extensive courses, blog among many other things. Studying this wont make you profitable instantly ( nothing will ), but it can be a base and then one can develop things on your own.

Studying needs work, and then testing systems needs even more work. It wiil take time, there is no guarantee of success - even ongoing success for established profitable trader.

And invariably newbies lose money, so best trade very small in initial few years.

If this sounds daunting and removes motivation, don’t trade - for most people that’s better.
After all of that, yes trading can work if one has reasonable expectations and lots of patience and good starting capital ( cant make good money to live on, from few lakhs without trading irresponsibly).

1 Like

I’ll tell you how my uncle learned and he has made pretty good profit. He learnt basic things like price action candlestick dow theory chart patterns and basic indicator (rsi, macd, stochastic, bb) from books (don’t ask me which cause idk, google will be enough he used books because back then google didnt have much stuff related to this) and then for 1 year did small trades or just paper trades and noted what the candlesticks, chart pattern rsi was telling, after doing this for a while he started noting down some patterns that would happen when stocks went up or down and with how much force they went with. After this he started trading properly and actually made a loss for the first 3 months but everyday kept learning new things and learnt from his mistakes. Like it or not this is without a doubt the best way to sruvuve and thrive in the market in the long term. Do not fall for any of the courses that you get on youtube as ads they are all usually scams and usually there edge since shared so much is pretty much dead. Also dont chase any holy grail the thing is there a millions of ways in the market to make millions it just requires extreme dedication and commitment to work on it like a business to get good at it. Btw my uncle basically has a net worth of 12m$ and he was pretty poor guy who lived in a 1rk. Also don’t chase indicator based strategies, see i’m not saying don’t use them do use them but note that they should be supporting indicators and not your entire reason to take a trade. Usually only indicator based strategies die pretty quickly.

1 Like

Btw remeber study more and trade less. Study atleast 3-4 hours everyday and atleast 10-15 hrs over the weekend. Ik this might be tough but since real money is involved and a chance for an extremely luxurious life i’m sure your brain will make you do things that you didn’t know were possible. I study the market more than I have ever studied in college lmao

1 Like

What do you think about chart patterns, indicators, candlestick patterns?

Do they work for you?

Really?

It should be

All structures that are currently in practice and available to learn in internet are good to keep in museum

Depends on individual to individual

That, i agree completely

I use them in different ways in my systems. Nothing magical about them either, they are just tools. Understand the tools, check what is useful and then check what is useful in your situation.

Yeah, see above. There is too much hype around price action. Not saying one cannot find an edge, not even saying that its not the best way ( could be for someone). Just saying its no holy grail - nothing is. Perhaps close to nothing as Jim simmons probably has the grail.

But anyway, i sort of agree with what you probably meant. Observe the price and find patterns and things that seem to happen regularly. Further test those patterns over large sample + maybe recent years sample to confirm. Lot of my ideas come from observation, and rest from results/surprises from data.

But before all of that one needs some sort of structure to make some sense. For that a good source of learning is nice.

Yeah right. A lot of noise, but there is some good stuff too. Anyway, that’s what worked for me.

Anyway, last post on this to keep on topic. Good day.

Zerodha Varsity is the best course to start with.