Bonds - Susepended due to procedural reasons

Hi All,

I wanted to diversify my portfolio, and experimented a bit by investing in bonds (following suggestions from here I checked the portal juicybonds tejassu .com) and invested in one CRISIL AA+ bond.

Name - SFL-9.30%-12-7-23-NCD (93SFL23 | 936234 | INE721A07NW7)
BSE link - Stock Share Price | Get Quote | BSE
Date of purchase - 12th April
Maturity date - 12th July

Now when I check on Kite, it is not showing up anymore. Upon checking the BSE site, it says Suspended due to procedural reasons.

1. I see the underlying stock is trading with ~1M+ volumes actively
  2. What happens now (till the maturity date), and what next after maturity? Will I ever get the principal and/or profit back?
  3. Can someone pls share their views/experience. The AA+ rating looks like a complete sham!

Thanks!

(attaching an image as of today 4th July. the last updated price is as of June 23rd)

Trading bonds as a retail investor is really risky and is probably more dangerous than FO ! Should avoid.

“Procedural reasons” includes extinguishing the bond upon maturity.
As the bond is maturing imminently (12 July 2023),
trading the bond on the secondary markets (BSE in this case) is currently being suspended.

Source: BSE circular dated 21 JUN 2023.

A “record date” of 26 June 2023 implies that whoever is holding the bond on 26 JUN 2023, will be remitted any income receiveable from the bond. Since you purchased the bond on 12 April 2023 and continue to hold it, you should be fine.

Nothing much actually.
Upon maturity the bond is extinguished (automatically debited from your demat account),
and an amount equal to the face-value of the bond x no. of units held by you
is automatically credited to your linked bank account.

Yes. Irrespective of your experience with this bond, IMHO, this is true in the long-term. :slight_smile:

FYI, here’s a topic-thread with insights into purchasing corporate NBFC bonds
and another topic-thread discussing various shady practices prevalent in the NBFC sector.