Bring back sentinel

Please bring sentinel. I am a full time employee and sentinel advanced alerts help me a lot to focus on my work. I can focus even doing option selling.

Kindly bring adavance alerts or sentinel back
Please let us know the probable date of introducing advance alerts. @nithin

Others please let me know if there are any alternatives for advance alerts in sentinel

4 Likes

We have alerts on Kite, which is essentially sentinel.

Thank you Nithin, I know the existing alerts.

Let me explain my requirement.
I want an alert when the premium of one side of the options (CE/PE) moves above twice the premium of another side of options (PE/CE).
Simply, BankNifty 42100 CE premium > 2*BankNifty 40200 PE premium

This alert is not possible in current zerodha alerts. whereas it is very much possible in sentinel.

Kindly help

2 Likes

@Arockiya_Raja can you check on this and respond here.

1 Like

I second this. Sentinel was much better in terms of custom alerts!

1 Like

Agree to it, the original sentinel was way more useful with basket execution once alert gets triggered. Please bring back the feature !

2 Likes

I do agree on this sentinel has many more useful features than the current zerodha alerts feature

Please BRING SENTINEL BACK

1 Like

Hello I am also facing similar issues for creating advance alerts. Please improve the alerts.

2 Likes

@Arockiya_Raja
Kindly respond. We are expecting some positive response

1 Like

Advanced order types on our to-do list. This will most likely be addressed with that.

Glad that you liked the advanced alerts function in Sentinel. We know Advanced Alert had a lot of amazing functionality. To be honest, a tiny fraction of alerts were advanced alerts in Sentinel. The majority of alerts are usually created using the LTP greater than or less than equal criteria. So only basic alerts were integrated into Kite, which covers 99% of cases. At this moment, we cannot assure the advanced alert function. We may revisit the possibilities while upgrading alerts.

Though I have not used sentinel, but going by the explanation by others…it is something that I am actively looking for on another platforms.
I agree that this may not be a popular demand, but sophisticated traders with high value trading accounts would definitely love to have this ( you may need more data to see overall trading volume rather than # of accounts for considering value of this feature).

Thank you for the information. It would always be the scenario. Please do not see the alerts % as a whole. I would suggest you to see the % of option sellers using such alerts. It would obviously be more. Kindly add this to your bucket list of improvements, please.

Also whether any alerts system is in force for mutual funds. Kindly let me know

No, not available.

@Arockiya_Raja Not sure if you are from the Zerodha’s product Team or what kind of reasons went into removing a functioning system.
However, purely from product focus, unless sit was creating a huge load or cost on systems (which it seems unlikely based on your comment that most of alerts were LTP based), i do not see a value in killing an existing working functionality.
It is quite obvious (take Pareto principle) that only a hand full of users will be advanced users. And having such a system was always in making a trader’s life easier, which i think should be one of the mottos of Zerodha.
I request you to re-introduce this feature. May be introduce it with a trial period and then have a small subscription fee if additional server cost is a concern. I am sure traders who know the value of such a tool will pay for it.
If the concern is SEBI’s stand against algos, I am clear it is not algo as the execution is manual, i.e. requires click on the notification.

The advanced alert was utilized by less than 1% of users. Compared to basic alerts, it is complex to build and demands significant effort. Devoting a substantial amount of time towards the development and upkeep of a product that has a minute fraction of the user base may not be optimal. An advanced order type is in WIP which should be very attractive to traders. Perhaps you’ll have to wait a few more months for that.

kindly introduce advance alerts available in sentinel in kite alerts… it was one of the best features. please add this in your bucket list @nithin @Arockiya_Raja

Taking into account the effort needed to develop and maintain this feature, it’s noteworthy that only a tiny group of clients utilised it. We are unable to commit to this aspect at the moment. We may consider revisiting this topic in the future.

If it’s not possible to get this implemented - is it possible to expose these API’s or any other ways which allows users to use this feature without much need for maintenance?