Brokarage in government bonds

What are brokarage + Exchange charges while buying Government Dated Securities ( G-SEC BONDS) either through COIN- Primary market or through Kite - Secondary market…???
Please guide me regarding charges on Sell of the same from both platform…
Thanks in advance.

Vivex

In Primary market the brokerage is capped at 0.06% by the RBI whereas in the secondary market it depends on broker to broker.

For selling in the primary market, you cant do. It can only be held till maturity.
For selling in the secondary market, its the same as selling any stock - The charges include brokerage, STT, ETT, SD, GST along with DP Charges.

2 Likes

Thanks for quick and crisp reply…

What is the charge in zerodha if I buy Gsec in secondary market? Kindly advise.

The charges are same as you would buy a stock. You won’t have to pay any brokerage on it. But, other charges like STT, Exchange transaction charges etc are applicable. You can check the details in the below mentioned support article.

Sir, thank u so much .

@Meher_Smaran, I recently bought the Tbill from the Kite application and I could be the charges to be around Rs. 9. However, the charges on the contract note were less than a rupee. The STT was shown at Rs. 9 on the order window while the same was missing on the contract note. The STT isn’t applicable for T-bills as well like the SGBs?

Hi @rajuvvernekar

The charge to exit G-sec before maturity on Kite is the same as exiting any other security held in the demat account.

STT is applicable only on secondary market transactions. Any transaction in primary market will not attract STT

1 Like

There’s no STT on T Bills, although this FAQ is for Futures: https://www1.nseindia.com/invest/resources/download/faqs_91DTB.pdf

Yes, there is no STT applicable for T-Bills in the secondary market. This can be confirmed by checking the STT non-applicability report available on the NSE website or the List of securities on which STT is not levied report available on the BSE website.

2 Likes