Bse electronic smart trader & nse now

HI
@nithin
SIR, I NEED YOUR INPUTS ON THE BELOW STATEMENTS

1. WHAT ARE THE BSE ELECTRONIC SMART TRADER & NSE NOW?
  2. SOME OF THE BROKER GIVING THOSE AS TRADING PLATFORM, WHERE WE NEED TO PUT THEIR MEMBER ID & OWN USER ID TO LOG IN. WHY ZERODHA REFRAIN ITSELF FROM THOSE EXCHANGE ORIGIN PLATFORMS?
  3. IS IT TRUE THAT IN THOSE PLATFORMS PRICE FEED CAME DIRECTLY FROM THE EXCHANGE SERVER AND NOT VIA BROKER SERVER?
  4. AS LAGGING & BREAKDOWN IS SORT OF ISSUE IN ZERODHA IN VOLATILE DAY’S, WHY DON’T WE GET FACILITY TO ACCESS TO THOSE PLATFORMS BECAUSE AS TRADING MEMBER OF NSE & BSE, ZERODHA MIGHT HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE PLATFORM AS WELL.

WAITING FOR DETAILED ANSWER.

1. They are platforms offered by exchanges for brokers who don’t really have the technical capability to run their own platform.
  2. Supporting multiple platforms as a business doesn’t really make too much sense for us. It adds a huge support burden on us. In any case what we have to offer with Kite is much superior to exchange platforms.
  3. No. These platforms are run by subsidiary companies of the exchanges. They get data similar to how we get ours.
  4. Every tech platform is bound to have some downtime - from google to amazon to everyone else. Even NOW, etc have had multiple issues over the last year. But that said, we are constantly working on ensuring there aren’t any issues.
1 Like

Does call and trade work on time of technical issues.
Also you mentioned somewhere that recent failure was due to some update on platforms. Is that update successful and can we be sure that we will not have issues in near future of that magnitude.

Depends on the kind of issue, sometimes potentially everything can be down. I had explained in this post the issue we had recently, and that it has been fixed.

2 Likes

one more question that I have skipped. @nithin sir.

In the broker platform, they can see my qty and price of a respective order,
can they see my order detail in those exchange offered platform?
maybe a stupid question for you, but as I have not aware of those, so, I am directly asking you.
from a Straggling retailer. :slight_smile:

Every brokerage company around the world will have a risk management team (RMS), whose job is to ensure clients don’t lose more money than what they have. Every leveraged trade (intraday leverage on stocks or F&O) comes with a credit risk. So all platforms will have an admin functionality where an RMS team can track. Usually RMS team gets alerted when someone has lost more than 40% of margin required to hold a particular position and if there is no additional cash. Only then do the RMS team check for a particular client.

1 Like